Londa Jefferson

Love. There are so many things that we love. For instance, food. I absolutely love food. Especially hamburgers. I love reading, dancing, swimming, and watching tv. I love my brother and mother. I love school. I love my job. Love, love, love. But, I can not say that I love relationships. I don't love being in love. I am 23 years old and only been in a relationship. Yes, "a" as in "one" relationship.

Anyway, my name is Londa Jefferson. No relation to Thomas Jefferson, by the way.I am 5'3", brown skin, black hair down to the middle of my back, reddish-brown eyes, and a little on the "thick" side. I have an older sister, Jazlyn; and a baby brother, Zekiah. They are really my half siblings but we get along just fine. They was raised by my mom in Chicago, while my goddaddy raised me in Houston, Tx. I love my city. I am a senior at University of Texas (go Longhorns!!) and I am studying to be an Aeronostic Engieener, laymen terms, a rocket scientist.

" Ms. Jefferson? Can you tell me the answer," Professor Ja'hal asked. I quickly scanned the equation. "xy equals four times ten to negative one point sixth power." He smiled, " That is correct."

Ring! Ring! Ring! The class scrambled out as the bell to release us rung throughout the school. "Ms. Jefferson, the Dean would like to see you in her office. And I was wondering if after you graduate next week,"... he started stumbling over his words and looking at the floor. " Mr. Ja'hal, as flattering as you are, I would have to decline your offer. It's not that I don't want to, but more so that I will be moving to Massachussettes. Now, that would be hardly fair to give you any indication that we could be a couple when I am moving across the country," I explained, " just know that if the situation was different, I would absolutely love going on a date with you." He blushed. Just adorable, I thought. I smiled and told him goodbye as I swung out of the room, happy that today was Friday and I don't have school for the next week due to it being the last week of school and Senior Week.

I walked into my dorm room and my roommate slash best friend, Mikey Johnson, and her dad was finishing up our packing. "Hello Mr. Johnson. Hey Booski," I spoke to them.

"Hey Tyson," Mikey spoke calling my by her nickname she gave me since that night I knocked her boyfriend smooth the hell out. "Tyson?" her dad asked. "Long story Mr. Johnson," I said laughing at the memory. "Monroe, Londa... Just call me Monroe. Are these all the luggage you ladies got? Cause I'm about to go finish loading up this little bit and we'll be ready to go," he said. " Uh yes Sir, that's all we'll be down in a few minutes just gonna say bye to a few people," MJ said.

" You know my daddy got a crush on you right," Mikey blurted. It took me a minute to realize what she had said because I had went deaf for a minute.

"Huh," I said even though I clearly heard what she had said. Mr. Johnson can't really like me that. Can he?

" He fell in love with you the day he laid eyes on you at the Freshman Orientation. He won't admit it, but he looks at you just like the rest of these boys do these last four years," she said while rambling through her Chanel Purse. I just shook my head and ignored her. She lying. Her dad, Mr. Monroe Johnson, doesn't have a thing for little old me... I thought. Could he? I shook the thought out of my head. "Whatever MJ, withcho' crazy self," I dismissed her and the thought all together.

"You ladies finished? I'm hungry and it'll be my treat," Mr. Johnson asked. " Yes sir," we said in unison, never the ones to turn down free food. He chuckled. We said our goodbyes to everyone that was left waiting to either to be picked up or they was taking summer courses. MJ and I piled into her dad's black 2017 Chevy Silverado and we was on our way to eat.

Later that evening...

" Londa, I heard you was leaving to Massachusetts at the end of this summer. Are you excited," Mr. Johnson asked. MJ mom died six years ago in a freak accident on her way home from work one night. A truck carrying some tree logs was moving one storming night and she was behind it. The driver cut a curve too wide and the chains that was holding them into place. One went straight through the windshield and killed her on impact. Leaving him to raise Mikey all by himself. But, he done it with his head held high and not once did he give up. I admire him for stepping up to the plate like that too.