A bit of history about Liverpool FC

Liverpool won their first ever champion ship in 1901 and in December 1959, Bill Shankly was appointed as the manager of Liverpool FC.

1964- It may be hard to believe but Liverpool have not always played in an all-red kit.

In fact, it wasn't until 1964 when manager Bill Shankly decided to replace the white shorts and socks with red ones as he felt an all-red kit strip would make his players look more scary to the opposition!

So, in December 1964 Liverpool wore all-red for the first time in a European Cup match with Anderlecht, changing the image of football forever.

1983- After 44 years as a player, coach and manager of Liverpool, Bob Paisley retired.

Paisley won an astonishing three European Cups, six league titles, three League Cups, one UEFA Cup, one European Super Cup and five Charity Shields during his time as Reds boss making him the most successful manager in the history of the club.

He became part of the Liverpool board after his retirement but sadly passed away in 1996.

2005- Liverpool claimed their fifth European Cup after a memorable triumph over AC Milan.

The Reds had overcome all odds to reach the final, but were losing 3-0 by half-time. However, an incredible second-half saw goals from Gerrard, Smicer and Alonso drew Liverpool level before they went on to win the cup on penalties.

An unforgettable homecoming followed and the trophy returned to Anfield, where it would remain as Liverpool had won it for keeps!

2012- Brendan Rodgers was announced as Liverpool manager following the departure of Kenny Dalglish.

The Northern Irishman had learnt from some of the finest coaches in world football, including Jose Mourinho during his spell at Chelsea.

The Reds' new boss managed at Reading and Swansea before arriving at Anfield.

On 8 October 2015, Jurgen Klopp became Liverpool FC's new manager,  replacing Brendan Rodgers.