01

Here's the thing about being stubborn: it runs in the family.

My arms were tied up at the back and damn it– I'm lying if I say it didn't hurt like a bitch. My head hurts for some reason and the bruises that I got from struggling to get away from them is starting to pain me.

And I'm also starting to regret ever coming back here. I should've listened to my father. But how could I when he's deliberately trying to push me to my limits every day. I just had to get away, I had no choice. I had to leave.

I gritted my teeth. I won't be surprised if he was the one who planned all this again. He always does this when things don't go his way. Just dare these assholes to try and touch me maliciously, I will kick them with my Louboutins.

My last words to him were over my dead body. Well, my father really does have his way with words and where could I possibly get the same talent if it wasn't for him? But did he really take it seriously? Surely not? His plan wouldn't work if I'm dead. Right? Of course, it wouldn't. He needed me. He tends to act impulsively when things don't go the way he wanted. Like, kidnap me until I give up and play the obedient daughter card again.

God, this place is a mess. My subconscious mind said. No, you're a mess. And you smell dirty. Thank Heavens, I'm pretty.

I sighed, trying to see through the darkness. I could hear them laughing. I would find it particularly funny how they couldn't think of somewhere else to hide me other than an old, rusty warehouse if I wasn't physically hurt. How cliche.

Damn it, these better not leave scars. I hate bruises.

"Excuse me! Can I have a glass of water? I'm so close to dehydrating over here?" I shouted. Obviously, they didn't care how uncomfortable this chair and these ropes are around my body, I was hoping they could at least offer me something to drink.

After all, the ransom would make them well. A little payback would be nice, right?

They stopped laughing. A lanky guy came up to me with a curious expression. "Gising ka na?"

I blinked. "No, dumbass. I'm sleep-talking."

"'Di ka man lang ba natatakot na baka kung anong gawin namin sayo-"

"What?" I cut him off. "You think this is my first time getting kidnapped?" Pathetic.

"I'm thirsty. Go out and fetch me a water. I want it crystallized. I don't drink the kind of water you're all drinking. Who knows what dirty particles are swimming in it." The thought alone makes me want to vomit.

"Anong nangyayari dito?" A big guy with a mustache and big tummy suddenly walked up. Great. I only needed a glass of water. I didn't ask for a getting-to-know-the-kidnappers scene. Could this get any more cliche?

I groaned.

"Boss, humihingi ng tubig. Nauuhaw daw. Gusto daw niya 'yung tubig na may crystal. Sa'n tayo kukuha ng ganun?"

"Pwede lumayas ka hangga't nakakapagtimpi pa ko. Baka ikaw ang mabaril ko ng wala sa oras."

The lanky guy left while scratching his head. I guess, he was the stupid one among the bad guys.

The big guy got himself situated in front of me. He smirked, crossing his arms.

I stared. Is he trying to intimidate me? Well, if he is, he needed to up his game.