Prologue

Jamie swung her bag over her shoulder as she shut her locker shut, quickly rushing out the school doors and towards the community park. As the park came into view, so did a circle of her friends. She quickened her pace and greeted all her friends before sitting beside one of her friends, Alex. 

"Hey Jamie." He greeted with a smile.

"Hey." She replied back.

"SO." Stacey, the 'leader' of the group shouted, "We are here to decide who's going to do which character in Romeo and Juliet for this years high school play."

One of the boys raised his hand and quickly protested, "As I have stated before I really don't think Romeo and Juliet is a good idea."

"And why not?" Stacey raised an eyebrow as she crossed her arms.

"Because, in the end it's a tragic death for them both, they both end up dying heart broken, how is that a love story of teenagers?" He had persuasion in his voice.

"I agree with Kevin." A few spoke up.

"I still think it's a beautiful story, and we should still do it." A girl spoke up with a smile.

As Jamie looked around she realized that most who protested against Romeo and Juliet were the boys in the group, while the girls thought it was still a wonderful idea. 

"So what are we going to do?" Kevin directed his question towards Stacey.

"Well I still think it's a wonderful idea." Stacey said with a gentle smile.

"Then maybe we should split up and do two acts this year." Kevin said with a flick of anger in his eye.

"No that won't do, who is going to play Romeo if most of us are girls." Stacey grumbled in protest.

"That will be your problem." Kevin said with a grin as he stood up, "I guess people who agree with me can follow me." 

As Kevin walked away almost half of the boys followed after him, as well as some girls. Soon there was only a 8 girls left, sitting in the broken circle wondering what they were going to do.

Stacey huffed a puff of a anger out before sitting down angrily, "We are never talking to them again. You all better promise." She said pointing at each and every girl.

Jamie nodded reluctantly, hoping this wouldn't last very long. But boy, was she wrong.