Ice and Ashes

*Garroth's pov*

"Look out," I look over to where the voice came from and in the trees I see a bow pointed towards Serenity. I quickly rushed over to block the shot... with myself. I couldn't let her die. I loved her. "Garroth!" she shouts and kneels down next to me. "Serenity," I gasp. The pain is overwhelming. "I-I never stopped loving you." "Garroth, please don't leave me!" she pleads and takes my hand... "Can you forgive me?" I asked. I know I can't live through this. This wound is fatal. "Yes..." I managed to give her a weak smile then I feel myself slip away. "Garroth... Garroth, dear, wake up," I hear a soft voice say. I open my eyes, but my vision is blurry. It looks like Aphmau is in front of me wearing a white dress and a blue hood and cape. "Aph?" She smiles sadly then corrects me. "Garroth, I am Lady Irene." "So... this is heaven?" "No, this is the place between your world and the above. This is my dimension. I brought you here to tell you something."  "What is it m'lady?" "Your love... It is stronger than anything I have seen, and because of your sacrifice,  even when your love wasn't the strongest, I will grant you a gift." "Lady Irene, how will I use it if I am dead?" "Be patient, dear. All will be revealed when the gift is given." She walks over to her symbol on the floor and motions for me to come over. "Stand in the center," she orders. I do as she says then I seem to be lifted into the air. Irene's eyes become pure white, and she begins to chant, "Garroth Ro'Meave, son of O'Khasis, I grant you the power of the Phoenix. To burn as bright as the sun and live again." She raises her hands in the air, and a ball of fire appears. When she throws it in the air, a phoenix of fire burst from the sphere. It starts to fly around me faster, and faster. Soon, it just looks like a ring of fire. I stay calm as the circle encloses around me. Irene closes her eyes and the fire bird disappears. She walks over and prys my armor off near my wrist and turns my wrist towards me, "A reminder of your gift," she said pointing to the new phoenix tattoo on my wrist. "Still how will I use it if I am dead?" "Use it now, dear." "Why?" "Just do it , Garroth," she commands, so I tried it. As I focused I feel a force tell me to kneel down on one knee, so I did. I closed my eyes and feel my body turning to fire. I try not to panic as I float back to the overworld. Irene wouldn't put me in danger. I see myself in a patch of flowers with my sword at my side. This form I am in seems to know what it is doing when it floats over to my body. Before I know it, I am no longer the orange blaze, and I am sitting up in the flower patch. I grab my sword and start to run to Phoenix Drop. The first thing I notice is everything is ice. Cold, hard, and... unmelting. "Serenity!?" I shout out. How long was I dead?

Hey guys the story was 564 words without this part hope you liked it.

Bye.

-AthenaMagic