The Start

I've been going to Ocean City practically my whole life. My dad went there as a kid, as well as his dad. It's a family tradition. When I was six years old, we bought a condo there. So, we had a nice place to stay instead of staying in an over-priced hotel room. We lived in Maryland also, and ironically our neighbors, were the LeBlanc's. In both Ocean City, and our neighborhood. They hadn't started their vlog channel yet when we met them. At the time it was just Caleb. No baby Hayley or Annie yet. Caleb was my age. My mom and Caleb's mom hit it off. They were pregnant for us around the same time, and they gave birth a day apart. Caleb's birthday is July 13th. Mine is July 14th, but right when the clock striked midnight. So, Caleb and I ended it up lots of play dates and 101 time. Ocean City, was our favorite place to be together. We'd run around like crazy kids on the beach. Trying to jump massive waves, and build sand castles. He was my best friend. I never thought that I was going to have to cope with the loss of him, when I was only eighteen years old. This is the story of my relationship with Caleb. And how thankful I am to have had him in my life for eighteen years.

It was a Saturday morning. It was summer so I slept in until 10:00am. I probably wouldn't have woken up if it wasn't for 13 year old Caleb barging through my bedroom door and jumping onto my bed. He poked me and said, "Ava, dude, it's time to get up. We're filming the "Never Have I Ever" video for the channel today". I groaned stuffed my face into a pillow. He plopped down next to me and said, "Remember that one time at Ocean City, when we were walking on the boardwalk, and I tried to kiss you and you rejected me." he said chuckling. "Yeah", I said "Eight year old me wasn't into you at that time". I said smiling at the memory. To be honest, I've had a crush on Caleb forever. I'm still mad at my eight year old self for not taking advantage of that offer. He turned his head to me. "At that time?", he said, "Are you saying that you're into me Ava Morris?" he said with a smirk. My face turned bright red. I turned my head to him and said, "You wish." He smirked again and said, "You're right, I do wish you were into me Ava. Now hurry up so we can start the video!" he said while walking out the door. Did Caleb LeBlanc just say that he's into me? No way. He was just kidding. What if he wasn't? All of these thoughts kept racing through my head as I walked over to The LeBlanc's. This video may be very VERY awkward.