Just A Normal Day

Victoria's POV

Another day, another day at school. Other people would groan and complain and ditch but I'm excited. School is really the only place I talk to people. My parents are out constantly and I am an only child. Fun, right? Not really, I've grown a greater connection with book characters then my parents. I mean who couldn't ship FourTris, Clace (TMI), Hinny, Maxerica... I know, that's not normal, but normal is overrated.

Enough about me, now let's get ready. I shower at night, so in the morning I have to deal with the tangled beast that I like to call my hair. After it is tamed, I throw it up into a ponytail and fix my glasses. I change into my usual outfit, a baggy shirt and skinny jeans, and grab my backpack.

My parents aren't home today, what a surprise. I grab the occasional money left for me on the table ($20) and go get some breakfast.

I decide on getting a Carmel Frappe from McDonalds... Don't judge me. After I settle on what I am going to eat, drink in my case, I head off to school. My favorite part of the day!

I enter the school and see a normal, cliche high school. Popular girls hanging with popular boys, choir, band, engineering, chefs, ect. I head over too my "nerdy" friends. I don't think of us as nerdy, I think of us as outgoing thinkers who just so happen to be introverts. I am not completely secluded from the norms, I am friends with Rebecca, one of the prettiest girls in school.

That gives me cool points, right? No? Ok...

"Vicky!!" I hear come from the halls. I turn around and see that Rebecca is running down the halls to reach me, attracting a lot of attention. Great....

"Hi, Rebecca!" I tell her as soon as she gets close enough.

"It's been so long!" She exclaims and I nod. It has been 2 weeks since we have seen each other. Her being caught up with popular stuff and me leading book club can fill up a calendar.

"How have you been?" I ask her.

"A bit of a struggle but I'm getting through. You?"

"The usual, caught up in the same book for the 20th time." She nods, she understands that my reading is her shopping. I shudder just at the thought. How can people find dressing up, in uncomfortable clothing, entertaining? I don't think I will ever understand.

The day goes by with a few glances and name calls from people I don't talk to. Overall it was a fun day but now, sadly, I have to go back to the empty house that I don't think I can call home.

Carter's POV

Ugh! Another day at the prison we call school, where stress levels go up and amount of hair you have goes down. I go into my usual routine; shower, brush teeth and tame hair, wear clothes and my black leather jacket, say hi to my family, then leave. Pretty quick and normal if you ask me.

I enter the school and immediately get stares, that's what happens when you're popular. I hear a shout coming from the halls and see Rebecca running towards the nerd. I still don't understand how Rebecca isn't afraid of her status dropping when she talks to the girl.

Not my life, though, she can do whatever she wants. I see Ryan trying to flirt with a girl and it seems to be working for him. I shake my head and head over to him, flicking the back of his head when the girls scurries away.

"Dude! What was that for?!" He yells, his hand shooting to the back of his head.

"For flirting when you don't want a relationship." I state simply and walk away. Today went by like any normal day, and it was. Nothing special, just life. I can't wait to get back home.

A/N Hello! This is a new story I started, I hope you all like it! Cover credits: nevaehc3703