Nathan | Sick

Imagine Nathan coming over when you're sick.

'I am sorry, Nate...' I sniffled into the phone, wiping my runny nose on my sleeve. 'I am having a terrible cold...' On the other side of the line, a concerned hum was heard. 'Nathan?' 'Yeah, I am here...' His voice was sad. 'I am really sorry, I was looking forward so much to this date and--' 'Don't feel sorry, (Name). You can't help it.' I sighed, suppressing an upcoming cough. 'Do you want me to come over?' I cleared my sore throat before replying. 'In my dorm? They will talk, Nathan.' 'So what? I don't care.' I knew that a playful smile was toying on his lips the moment he said it. 'If you take ice cream with you.' I whispered before quickly ending the call. Now he knew he had no choice than to bring some cold sweets with him. He knew the drill if I were sick that I would literally kick him out of my dorm if he only came here without any comfort food. I leaned back onto my bed in my woolly pajamas. I turned onto my stomach and buried my face in the pillow. Nathan and I were supposed to go on a date tonight, so I was a tad disappointed that my body just decided to fuck me up right fucking now. I groaned into the fluffy cushion before bursting out into a much appreciated coughing fit. I heard a soft knock on my door and I shuffled towards it, covering my face in the pit of my elbow while still letting out dry barks. 'Hey, don't get too sick, you.' Nathan said after entering the room, a huge bucket of vanilla ice cream in his arms. On top of it laid two large spoons we could use. I cleared my throat a few times before chugging down the glass of water that was standing on my nightstand. 'Too late, Nathan. Already going downhill.' He smiled a bit before gesturing towards the door. 'If you're too sick, I don't think it's okay for you to eat ice cream. I can just leave with this and--' 'Nathan!' I laughed, tugging at his arm. 'I am just kidding, babe.' he smirked before plopping down on my bed. 'Let's snuggle up and watch some Netflix.' I spoke, reaching for the remote. 'What about Netflix and chill?' I rolled my eyes and switched on the television that was in front of us placed on my dresser, surrounded by a few old books and stacks of unfinished papers. 'Don't even think about it. I will contaminate you and you'll get sick too!' Nathan laughed heartily as he pulled the lid from the bucket of creamy ice. He scooped some on top of a spoon and held it in front of my face. 'Say aaa!' I giggled and opened my mouth as he fed me the ice cream. 'I am not a little baby, Nathan!' 'But you're so cute when you're sick!' I narrowed my eyes, a small smirk playing over my lips. 'You are saying my puffy red face looks cute?' 'Pretty much so.' I dragged my index finger through the bucket of ice and smeared the sticky substance on the tip of his nose. His eyes widened. 'Oh, you're so getting payback!' He smeared my nose too. 'Not going to happen, Prescott!' I was quicker than he was and smudged his cheek with the frozen dessert. Soon, we were entangled in a true ice cream fight, our faces, clothes and my duvet covered in the sweet substance. I laughed as I fell back onto the bed, Nathan crawling over my with both his hands loaded with ice cream. 'Say hi to your doom, (Name)!' 'Nooo!' I tried to block him, but he was too strong and the sugary food splattered everywhere. 'How are we going to clean all of this?' I laughed as Nathan looked around the room with raised eyebrows. 'No idea.' We calmed down from the laughing a bit, but Nathan was still straddling my body. Our eyes met and a small smile spread over his face. 'You look adorable like that.' He leaned closer to me, resting his hands on both sides of my head. 'Nathan, you'll get sick!' I said for the second time this evening as his hot breath grazed over my lips. 'I don't fucking care. It'll be worth it.' he said before kissing me.