Goodbye

Hello everyone! I don’t have an apology that could possibly make up for my lack of activity and updates. All I can say is that I’m feeling very uninspired, distracted, and busy. I’m not very interested in Naruto or anime anymore, it was a Middle School phase that I had gone through. I’ve gotten over it now that I’m in High School; I have so many more things to do. But that doesn’t mean I’ll stop updating; I plan on finishing all of these stories, no matter how long it takes or how many followers I lose. I can’t promise anything though, because a lot is going on in my life right now and there are a lot of things I need to think about. Anyways, enjoy!

----------------------------------------------------------

Naruko’s POV

The Reanimation Jutsu. Of course. I thought with narrowed eyes. I stood on defense, ready to deflect anything that came our way.

Just after my realization, Itachi disappeared in a puff of smoke. Nagato’s eyes widened and he alerted us quickly, “Above you!”

“I see him!” Naruto said, jumping into the air and moving his arm to punch Itachi, even though he was quickly blocked.

“What happened to Sasuke?” Itachi asked, alarmed by his brother’s absence.

“He says he’s going to take revenge on the Leaf Village! He joined the Akatsuki!” Naruto said mid-air.

Itachi’s eyes widened in horror, and his shoulders stiffened. “Why won’t Sasuke return to the village?” He shouted, his feet hitting the ground just as Naruto’s did.

“He found out about your top-secret mission, and chose to destroy the village!” Naruto spoke between punches and kicks.

When the fighting grew more intense, I narrowed my eyes and decided to jump in. I leaped into the air and landed right between the pair, catching their moving fists in my own. As I did that, Itachi pulled away and leaped backwards, skidding on the ground until he reached Nagato. His eyes closed and his knees wobbled, taking in the rough information being thrown at him.

“Madara told us the truth too.” Naruto added as I jumped to stand between him and Bee.

“So that’s how it was…” Itachi mumbled, making me narrow my eyes.

“So Madara was telling the truth?” I spoke up. “The Uchiha clan tried to take over the village and…”

“You’ve said enough, Naruko.” Itachi said sharply, making me nod in understanding. I had basically been disrespecting his clan right in front of him, and he wanted me to pipe down.

“Is that true, Itachi?” Nagato croaked, turning to look at his friend.

“Itachi… You died playing the villain in order to protect the village and Sasuke! Sasuke surely understands your pain and resolve! But instead of seeing your wished through, he is trying to destroy the village… This is his way of avenging the pain the village caused his beloved older brother.” Naruto said, standing up straighter.

“Do the villagers know about this?” Itachi asked with an undertone of worry evident in his voice.

“Kakashi Sensei and Captain Yamato were there too. But there was nothing to prove what Madara said, so Kakashi Sensei is keeping everyone tight-lipped. I don’t think anyone else knows.”

“Then don’t ever tell the village about this! You can’t let the Uchiha Clan’s reputation change! And one more thing…”

Before he could finish his sentence, I saw Nagato’s eyes widen. I stiffened and readied myself for an attack, aware he was under the influence of a Forbidden Jutsu.