Chapter 1

"And why should you be part of the crew GIRLY? " The one known as Gibbs spoke with a demeaning tone 

"I am the daughter of Elizabeth and William Turner" I spoke with a proud voice.  

The whole bar went into silence as I heard a glass fall. I felt my cheeks flush and after what seemed like hours he spoke. 

"Oh yeah prove it then." 

"How?" I inquired 

"Fight..." He looked around until his eyes stopped upon a boy who appeared around my age with a face covered by dirt. "Cabin Boy"  

The boy turned around to face me as I spoke sarcastically "oh what a challenge this will be" taking out my sword 

"I'm not fighting a girl"  

I retorted back "good then this will be easy!"  

As I plunged my sword in his direction, he put his up to shield himself, making the blades flash. 

I attacked again moving forward in every thrust. He always seems to be able to block my attacks. He then surprises me, as he circles my sword so fast I lose hold of my own, watching as it falls to the ground.  

He pushes me back against the wall, sword to my neck. "Done so soon?" he grins.  

I move my head as far away from his sword as possible and my eyes dart up to see two coat hangers on the wall. I use it to pull myself up kicking his chest until he stumbles back. I run to my sword and use the tip of my foot to bring it up to my grip. "We're not done quite yet"  

Sparks light up as our swords make contact. This time, I use a simple attack strategy my father taught me. Step left, sword right, turn and thrust. His sword falls out of his hand, as to plan. Unexpectedly, he uses his surroundings and grabs a nearby beer mug, throwing it at my hand. I lose my hold on the sword. Before I know it, he's on top of me. It looks like he's won, but he doesn't know about the unknown dagger concealed in my boot. I spit in his eye and use all my strength to turn him around, grabbing the dagger and forcing it upon his neck. We lay there, both sweating and out of breath in the middle of the bar but somehow all I can notice is the deep green shade that resides in his eyes. Are all cabin boys as attra-? 

"Nicely done GIRLY"  

I struggle to get up and stand to face Gibbs.  

"It's Maria"  

"Well Maria.. Welcome to the crew"