17

"You did what?" I asked Georgia.

"I-I slept with Ray, Thursday night, and I'm so sorry Rosie, it won't ever happen again, just please do be mad-"

"Don't be mad! I'm furious! My best friend slept with my husband on our ANNIVERSARY! You know what, delete my number, don't talk to me or my kids, just leave!" I yell at Georgia. My head is pounding and my heart beat is abnormally fast. Kaitlin and Kaiden rub into the kitchen and give me a hug.

"I love you guys so much, please never forget that." I tell my kids. They both nod their heads, helping me bake the cookies. I hear the door shut and I sigh. I've known Georgia for so long. She was my best friend- no she was like a sister to me! I trusted her and she betrayed me. I start making the hot chocolate while the cookies baked in the oven. The twins and I had a quiet night in, watching every Disney we could. I haven't had one of these nights with Kaiden and Kaitlin for ages. It's feels good to just relax and unwind.

Halfway through The little mermaid Kaitlin's eyes slowly closed, as she drifted off to sleep. Kaiden laid his head to rest on my lap, as he fell asleep too. I paused the film and carried them both up the stairs. I took them both into their beds and go downstairs to clean up the cookie mess. There's a knock at my door as I'm switching off the tv. I go to open the door, to see Chresanto.

"Hey, any chance I can stay the night?" He asked, smirking. I smiled at him, crossing my arms.

"I don't know, can you?" I ask as he smiles back at me. He chuckles, stepping inside. He gives me a kiss on the lips, before helping himself to some cookies.

"These taste great!" Chres complimented my baking skills with at least 3 cookies stuffed in his mouth. I laugh at his childish behavior and carried on tidying up. Chres helps me out, loading up the dishwasher.

"So did I miss anything?" He asked, closing the dishwasher door. I sigh and ponder on what was said to me this evening.

"Well Kaiden finally beat Kaitlin at Mario Kart. He's working on beating her at monopoly still," I say on a positive note. Chres laughs lightly. He notices my smile has faded from my face and his eyes are full of concern.

"Is that it?" Chres asked me, raising an eyebrow at me. I sighed and flopped into a chair. 

"My best friend just admitted that she slept with my husband on our anniversary," I say, my voice was shaky as I spoke. Chres crouched down to my level and embraced me in a hug.

"You know what princess? When life gets hard, we just have to pick ourselves back up again, grab our weapons, and keep fighting," Chres whispers into my ear. I close my eyes, as I hold on tight to Chres.

I an't wait to be happy and free again...