New friends

The lesson ended swiftly and the teacher announced that they had a study room due to a lack of a teacher for the second lesson and then there was a short murmur of needing to fix the roof where the book-shaped dent was. Mirai looked at her schedule and saw that the lesson she was supposed to have was 'advanced magic' so she gave a little relieved smile at that idea.

Suddenly, she heard the yell of. ''Mi-chan!'' She looked up to see that Kagami had turned around in her seat and was now resting her arms and hand on the back of the wood, whilst staring at her. It was at this moment when Mirai noticed the two black cat ears that were twitching on the other girl's head. ''Looks like we get out of advanced magic, it seems!'' The black and neon green haired girl said. She then turned to look at another student. ''Yukiko!'' She called out.

A icy themed girl, with white and quite long  rabbit ears, looked at Kagami with a look of surprise. She then seemed to giggle and smile. She walked over. ''So, your the new student, Mirai-chan?''

Mirai blushed, before nodding. ''T-that's me....''

''My name is Yukiko. I was quite surprised when you walked in, followed by your winged unicorn mascot as well as having those two on your shoulders.'' She gently reached down and petted Umi between her ears. ''I only have one mascot, a young seal by the name of Kori. She's a big help to me and my ice/snow magic.''

Kagami smiled. ''I might as well introduce myself properly. My name is Kagami, Yukiko's twin sister, fraternal twin sister if you wanna know. Unlike my sister, I have two mascots. Both little puppies by the name is Izu and Dottie. I have two natural specialties that I inherited from our father, whilst Yukiko's inherited hers from our mother. Izu helps me with my illusionist abilities and Dottie helps with my personal favorite spell, the doppelganger spell.''

As the twins spoke, their mascots came over. Izu, a small pink puppy with blue spots, and Dottie, a small blue puppy and pink spots, climbed up and nuzzled themselves on their master's shoulders like Hikaru and Umi were doing. And Kori, the small blue seal sat happily at Yukiko's ankle. Mirai looked at them gently. ''Y-yeah...I don't even know why I have 3 mascots, I only ended up with Hikaru and Umi after they made themselves my mascots and Rei, I obtained at her birth.''

''I see.'' murmured Yukiko, as she looked at the sleeping winged unicorn, giving a little smile. ''You have a very unique unicorn there, sweetie. I hope you realize that. Most unicorns don't come near humans and usually, unicorns having wings is seen as a odd deflect that is so rare that it can't happen generally.''

''O-Oh.......well....ya see, according to Rei's mother, I can speak to unicorns.....they recognized it instantly from my magic trail....'' She looked down at her unicorn mascot, with a soft smile. ''Her mother told me that her pack would have abandoned her for being a 'abomination' for her wings and golden horn.....so I was asked to adopt her.....so long as her mother and father could see her regularly.''

Kagami giggled. ''Well, that's understandable. Though, the idea that you can actually speak to the unicorns sounds fun, they never trust us usually.'' She too looked at the unicorn foal. ''She's really cute and your very lucky to be able to befriend her like you have. You must have quite a good magical level, as shown by your book accident.''

Mirai blushed, before nodding. ''Maybe?....I'm not sure though. Taru-chan and Aunt Mea have told me that my magic is very strong....and that it's not a surprise as to why I have the ability to own 3 mascots......but I cannot fully believe it myself....''

Umi shook her head, hoping onto her master's trainer. ''Now, Mirai-chan. That is no way of looking at this.'' The cat mascot shook her head. ''I think you need to relax, you got to practice those skills, you have a lot of magic but not a lot of control. That's all.''