Snacks

(Alexander's POV)
Lafayette was the first to jump out of the car. He ran to the vending machine and starting shoving dollar bills into it, eagerly awaiting the snacks.
Hercules yawned and clambered out after Lafayette, leaving John and I alone in the car.
I looked around then looked back at John. "No one else is here yet..."
"Look at Bubbles!!! He's climbing onto the rock again!" I sighed as John rambled on about Bubbels. My stomach twisted a bit as I looked at John. I had been hoping for some quality time with John... all alone...
"HELLLOOOO PEOPLE WERE HERE!!!" I rolled his eyes as Thomas yelled out the window. Apparently we weren't alone anymore.
"Shut up Thomas" I yelled back, and got out of the car to stretch my legs.
"Hiiiii!!!" Peggy's joyful cheer came as Angelica also pulled into the rest stop parking lot. "Where's Lafayette?" She asked, and Alex pointed toward the vending machine, where poor Hercules was collapsing under a stack of chips as Lafayette got some more.
She giggled and ran toward him, her braids flip flopping on her back.
Leaving John with his precious turtle I started walking toward Lafayette and Hercules. I would kill for some coffee, but I had already drank it all, so I guess I would settle for a pack of chips.
"Hey! Those are mine!!!" Lafayette said angrily as i walked over and took a puck from his giant stack that Hercules was holding.
"Too bad" I said, rolling my eyes and laughing as Lafayette darted after me.
Grabbing his chips back, Lafayette stuck his tongue out at me and promptly started eating them.
"Hey Peggy," He called, mouth full of chips, "as my girlfriend, you would obviously buy me some chips right?" Lafayette asked with a puppy eyes as she giggled.
"Sure" she finally said, then walked over, bought the chips, and started eating them.
"Hey!!!" Lafayette said angrily as she laughed.
"You only said to buy you a pack- you didn't say anything about eating them!" She said teasingly.
I couldn't help but laugh at Lafayette's expression. Shaking my head, i walked over to the vending machine and got myself a couple more snacks for the road.
After putting the snacks in the car, I looked around. Thomas and James were walking around, talking. Angelica was sitting on a bench with Maria, who had her phone out, and Hercules, who had been far away from Lafayette ever since Peggy got there. Eliza... where was Eliza? I looked around, and finally spotted her leaning against a tree, texting.
Quickly I ran over, and hugged her.
"Ohmigod!" She gasped, and quickly put her phone in her pocket. "You scared me!" She bit down on her lip and glanced down.
"Oh. Sorry. I just wanted to say hi" she relaxed and smiled.
"How was the trip with John?" She asked and I froze. Had she found out about me and John? Did she know we were dating?
"What... what do you m-m-mean?" I stammered. Stop acting so guilty! I thought angrily.
"Did he not talk about his turtle? Like for the whole entire trip! Oh my god he is impossible sometimes!" She laughed and I instantly relaxed, breathing a sigh of relief.
"Yep. At one point he was sitting on Lafayette's lap taking pictures of it..." Eliza laughed and we kept talking about Bubbles and the road trip.

A couple minutes later, we were all back in our cars, ready to start the next portion of our trip. Angelica stood in front of everyone, holding her phone in her hand.
"Okay everyone" she said to us, "I've thought about it a little, and this trip needs more excitement! So. I'm changing around the car assignments" I groaned inwardly. It was no use talking Angelica out of an idea she has. If she wants something, she works and works and works at it until she gets it.
"Instead of Eliza, Peggy, and Maria, I'm going to be taking Thomas, Alex, and Lafayette" I groaned, glaring at her. How could she put me with Thomas? Thomas and I made a face at each other as she continued despite my obvious disapproval.
"James will be driving Thomas's car, which will also hold Peggy" Peggy smiled at this, she and James got along pretty well.
"And Hercules you'll drive Alex's car with Maria, Eliza, and John"
Eliza smiled, I guess she got along well with John, although I had never seen them actually bond together.
"And that's it!" She smiled, and I kept glaring at her. She rolled her eyes when she saw.
"This will make a way more exciting trip!" She said excitedly.
"Come on, let's get this over with" Thomas growled at me as he walked over to Angelica's car.
I gave my car keys to Hercules. I would have argued more, but I didn't exactly want to see John right now, especially after he ignored me for Bubbles.
"Alright let's go!!!" Angelica said, and I sighed. Until the next rest stop, this was going to be a longgggg drive.