The "Halo Game" Application

Now, I would also propose that the asteroid that killed the dinosaurs was simply the escape pod carrying all the lifeforms from the Star Wars galaxy, but again, I'll simply stick to today's battle.

     Should the war reach apocalyptic proportions, such as the development of galactic nuclear arsenal, what would become of the galaxy and its inhabitants? Either we become nomadic refugees or become galactic bacon. 

     Then, I played a video game a few days ago, and the lore felt SOMEWHAT similar, but similar enough to draw enough comparisons between both universes. 

     The game, HALO 4, developed by 343industries, showed a green soldier uncovering the secrets of massive galactic superweapons. Ancient ones at that, and STILL more advanced than the humans' modern technology.

     In ancient times, the humans were in a galactic conflict with an alien race known as the Forerunners, who declared war on the humans over a misunderstanding regarding the killing of a deadly parasite spreading from planet to planet. When all was said and done, however, the space-faring humans were banished by the forerunners to Earth, and their memories, wiped clean as they began anew on the rock.

     Those words in the opening crawl... "A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away..."