Jack Harkness does laundry

Jack grabbed his bowl of washing up and made his way to his washroom. It had been another mediocre week at the Torchwood facility and he was due for a break. Unfortunately, space aliens had other ideas. He opened the door to the ordinary washing machine and tossed in a rumpled light blue button-up top. Throwing in a pair of black pants (dirt all over the knees) he started to whistle. It was a tune he knew well. A lot of people knew it well. It was one of those songs that you get in your head and it's in there for weeks.
                  "Whoa," exclaimed Jack, "That was close" he said, pulling his suspenders off of a different pair of trousers. "And with the belt on too, what a klutz!" He pulled the belt through the loops, one by one. Going back to whistling, he found some socks and tossed them in, one by one. He was using an underhand toss mostly, but he did try one from behind his back. He missed. After picking up the floor sock, he got a big pile of shirts and put them right in. Picking up another pair of trousers, he found a hole in the thigh. I wonder how that got there. He pondered. Hmm. I'll have to remember to sew these up when they're done in the wash. In went the trousers. All that left at the bottom of the hamper were the articles of clothing that covered Jack's bottom. He grabbed one pair and flung it into the washing machine just as a voice came from the door in a northern accent.
                  "Knock knock!" said The Doctor, matching his words with his actions: knocking on the open door. Jack spun around, tossing another pair into the machine.
                  "Doctor!" he expressed his surprise, "What are you doing here?"