Officially Mine

The dorm was buzzing as the boys were busy preparing for Joshua a “Well Done” party. 

“Hey, where's Vernon hyung? Why isn't he helping with the party?” Dino questioned aloud.

Seungcheol and Jeonghan exchanged knowing looks but simply shrugged to Dino waving him off to help Seokmin hang the banner. With a few more finishing touches and the boys were ready for the surprise.

The sound of the keys in the door alerted the boys that Joshua had arrived. The boys hid themselves well, ready to attack with the party poppers.

Vernon open the door and gestured Joshua to step in first.

“SURPRISEEE!!” The eleven boys greeted them with glee.

A wide smile spread across Joshua’s face. His eyes wandered the dorm, reading the banner that was hung loosely by the window. Jeonghan stepped forward and cleared . His arms were crossed and his eyebrow was raised.

“And I see that you two has also brought us an equally pleasant surprise.” he said, squarely pointing to their hands that was intertwined.

The boys erupted in a fit of teases. Seungcheol, Mingyu and Wonwoo cornered the younger boy, ruffling his hair and teasing him about his reddening cheeks.

Jeonghan, Seokmin, seungkwan and Jihoon had Joshua in another corner, throwing him questions after questions. 

The rest of the boys, Soonyoung, Minghao, Jun and Dino stood in their own corner, turning their attention to and fro the two groups listening in to the bits of story while they happily munch down on the snacks.

Soonyoung then ask the golden question burning at the back of their minds.

“So who confessed first?”

The two boys turned an even darker shade of red.

“Ayy, of course it's Our Lil Vernonie. Right ma boy?” Seungcheol said proudly as he raised his hand, waiting for Vernon to return his high five.

“Actually it was Joshi who said it first. I lost my game and I just froze when I was backstage.”

The rest of the boys dropped their jaws. They stared between Joshua and Vernon.

Joshua broke the awkward silence, “ Well I think I have you to thank, Soonyoung. It was your advice that really made a difference.”

“Yeahhh I told you to just grab him by the collar and just kiss him straight like how you've been wanting to for months. Great job man!” The eyes of the rest widen in greater shock, even Vernon who was blushing one corner had turned to Joshua, raising an eyebrow to the older boy.

“NOooooOO! THAT WASN'T THE ADVICE I WAS TALKING ABOUT! I MEANT THE WHOLE ‘DEDICATE THE PERFORMANCE TO HIM’ ADVICE! NO NO NO GUYS WHAT HE JUST SAID WAS A JOKE. HAHAHA YOU GUYS KNOW HOW HE LIKES TO JOKE AROUND. IT'S NOT TRUE!” Joshua’s words came out like rapid fire. The poor boy was a flustered mess.

The rest of the boys was filled with laughter. Jihoon hit Soonyoung on the arm and told him to go to his room and reflect on what he had just done. The rest of the boys left the couple alone to deal with the situation.

Vernon walked up to Joshua, leaning close, his lips right next to Joshua’s ear.

“So all those times you didn't want to kiss me? I'm disappointed.” Vernon’s words were dipped in charisma.

It made Joshua’s knees buckle. His face turning a bright shade of pink.

“Of course I do! I m-mean, no-err.. yes. But its-”

Vernon cut off Joshua’s words with a soft kiss on the lips.

“Well it's too bad, because I've felt that way for you the moment I laid my eyes on you."

Vernon gently cupped Joshua’s cheeks and pulled his face closer, tilting his own head as he leaned in for a kiss. It was started off soft and slow but it quickly grew stronger as months of withholding back emotions are finally let free.

"Er.. Can we eat the pizza now?" Chan's voice broke their kiss.

The two lovers pulled apart, know fully aware of the 10 boys swooning over their moment. Joshua turned away blushing, however, Vernon popped up his collar he combed his hair back with is fingers.

He exclaimed in english loudly, "Yeah man! Let's get this party started!"

He strut his way to the boxes of pizza and took two slices. He placed one in and handed another to Joshua with a wink.

"I can't belive that this is American Bad Boy is mine." Joshua said aloud making Vernon’s cheeks flush.