On Thanksgiving Day

**A/N: Hey guys! This is a little short story I made. I hope you enjoy reading! By the way, if you have not already go check out my other book called Keep This Between Us!**

Thanksgiving day was the day Micah was going to propose to Hazel Grant. He could feel it in his bones. As Hazel was getting ready in their small apartment in Evergreen, Massachusetts, Micah slid the box with the simple diamond ring into his car. When Micah came back in Hazel was putting in her dark green sweater that Micah got her on her birthday last month.

    "How do I look?", Hazel asked Micah as he was getting the ham that Micah smoked two hours ago. Micah turned toward Hazel and smiled sheepishly.

"You always look beautiful.", Micah went over to Hazel and kissed her on the cheek. Butterflies went through Hazel's stomach as Micah's warm hands were on her cheek. Micah stepped back and carried to the ham out of the kitchen to the front door, he turned back and yelled to Hazel who was in their room putting on her shoes, "If you want to make it in time to your parent's house we have to go.", Micah closed the door and put the ham in the back. Micah opened one of the compartments in the car to see if the ring was still in the place that he hid it. There it was still in the same spot under the napkins that he kept in his car the elegant but simple ring he chose for Hazel, the diamond sparkled in the sun as Micah gazed at her soon to ring.

"What do you have there?", Hazel said walking over to the passenger seat. Micah jumped and before Hazel could see what he had put it back in the spot where the ring was safely hidden. "Nothing.", Micah said and sat in the driver's seat waiting for Hazel to sit in the passenger seat. When they both buckled their seat belts, Micah started driving to Hazel's parents house.

Hazel looked outside as Micah was focused on the road. The trees were barren with snow covered on them and the clouds gray and dull.

"Are you sure you remember where my parents' house is.", Hazel asked still looking out the window. "Yeah, I think so.", Micah said and looked over at Hazel, the corners of his lips up when he turned back to focus on the road. Hazel glanced at Micah and softly laughed, "What?", Hazel asked, "Nothing it's just when I looked over at you were looking out the window daydreaming. It's one of the reasons why I love you.", Hazel held one of Micah's hands as they drove to her family.

When they got their thirty minutes later the long gravel driveway was packed with cars, the closest spot was two houses down. (Her house was in the country, so two houses were long ways away.) When Micah and Hazel finally got to the old country house Hazel knocked on the old wooden door. Micah looked at Hazel with snowflakes on her thick eyelashes and curly hair.

The door swung open by Hazel's dad, Greg, who smiled generously at Micah and Hazel.

"Hey there, pumpkin!", Greg said to Hazel hugging her tightly. Greg let go of Hazel and shook Messiah's hand and smiled at him warmly. When Hazel went inside to set the ham down, Greg motioned Micah, and they walked to the back of the house where Greg's office is. Greg's fireplace was lit and heating the large room. Greg sat down at his big brown leather office chair, Micah sat in one of the brown leather chairs that faced the desk. Micah's heart raced with anticipation as Greg stared at Micah studying him.

"So, I'm sure you know why I asked for you in here?", Greg said politely to Micah.

"Yes, I do, sir.", Micah said to him politely back.

Greg sighed and laughed, "Yes, you have my blessing. I know that you will make my daughter happy and support her every day till you breathe your last breath.", Micah's eyes lit up brightly and smiled. Greg stood up, and Micah gave Greg a hug and laughed. Micah has always been taller than everyone, so Greg was at least a couple inches shorter than Micah. Micah shook hands with Greg smiling so wide that Greg could see Micah's dimples. "Thank you, sir.", Micah opened the door and walked down the long hall with all of Hazel's old school pictures with her brother and sister with her standing in front of their house before school starts. Micah entered the kitchen with many people busy cooking. "Out if you are not cooking! That means you too Sammy!", A woman, who was Hazel's aunt Bettie, pointed to Sammy. Sammy is Hazel's sixteen-year-old mischievous little brother, his real name is Sam, but in the family, everyone calls him Sammy (Micah calls Sammy, Sam because Micah feels like it would be weird to call Sam his childhood family name.) Micah's heard all of Sam's old pranks that he used to do when Hazel and her older sister, Dawn, were little. Sam was also the type of teenager that when he walks into a room everyone knows he's there. Sam smiles at Micah when he saw him walking into the kitchen. "Hey, how's it going?", Sam asked Micah while giving him a fist bump. "Not much, what about you?", Micah asked Sam and eating some chips. Sam walked over to the island chair and sat down drinking some Mountain Dew,