Eleven Regrets

Eleven Regrets

Nash Williams looked quickly over the e-mail the lies barely catching his eye. Lying was second nature since - he stopped his train of thought abruptly.

The e-mail went like this:

Jamison78,

My name is Nash and I'm 18. My mom and dad divorced when I was little and I barely know my dad. No one knows the real me and my rep isn't that important, but my friends make it so. My heart is in pieces but everyone is so consumed with themselves they don't notice. I play guitar and write songs. I hope one day me and you can meet.

Forever yours,

Nash.

He presses send chuckling as his hair falls in his face. The sweet sensitive Nash died with- no! he refused to think of her! His heart was cold and had been since her death! He lays on his bed and listens to the music softly emanating from his computer.

The next morning Nash jumps in his truck and drives to the edge of the forest. His black skinnies were a sharp contrast to his pale 'computer tanned' skin. He slips his AVA hoodie on over his Clemson tee. He walks up to a tree that had a heart carved in it with NW loves EC forever. He glares at it and starts to walk away but turns on his heel and punches it as hard as he can.

"WHY DID YOU LEAVE?! YOU PROMISED!" he screams at the tree. "How could you!" tears stream out of his eyes as he storms deeper in the forest. His phone beeps and he takes it out his anger subsiding some when he realizes it's an e-mail.

Nash,

That can't be a common name but there's a guy named Nash in my school. He's nothing like you though. My name is Caterina and I'm the girl who has only two close friends. I sit in the background with my nose buried in a book. I stay away from the 'in' crowd because I'm not accepted by them. I'd love to meet up. Shoot me an address.

Always,

Cat.

Nash smiles a little, his anger disappearing with each word. He walks back through the forest to his truck all the while trying to think of where he and Cat could meet up.

He dials Rom's number.

"Nash what's up?" Rom answers.

"I'm at the trail tryin to figure out where I may meet up with a girl." Nash replies.

"Whose this lucky girl?" Rom chuckles.

"You don't know her." Nash replies stiffly.

"Oh well meet her at Pete's Pizzeria." Rom says.

"Thanks Rom, see ya at school." Nash says hanging up.

Rom sat on his bed bewildered. Nash hadn't shown an interest in any girl since Eclipse. Rom shakes his head before relaxing enough too take a nap.

"Rommy!" a girl with long black hair giggles running to him. "Rommy have you seen Nash?"

"N-no. Why?" Rom stutters as the girl brushes her bangs behind her ear revealing her almond shaped emerald eyes.

"Nash was suppose to come over..." she says confused beginning to pout a little.

"I'm sure he'll be here soon." he responds and a smile breaks out across her face.

"I love you, Eclipse." Rom says taking his twin in his arms tears filling his eyes.

Rom jerks awake tears gracing his cheeks,

"Oh, no! The great Rom Cauthen is crying!" her sarcastic tone fills his head. Rom shakes his head before getting up and going to his blue beat-up Nissan deciding to go to Nash's house.