Chapter 2

Morning Mrs. Wilson! How you doing?" I nod a "yes" and smile. He smiles and gives me a notepad with a pencil. I write down how I am and give it to him. "You Good huh? That's good! Have a seat" I nod a yes and go to my seat. Soon the bell rings and everyone comes in. Including the new Ray Ray guy. He sits by me. Noone ever sits by me. I want to tell him 'get up' but nothing comes out

Ok class now, pick up you're pencils an- OW WHO THREW THAT?!?!" Mr. Kanes yells at looks me and Ray Ray.

"Well since I don't know who it is, both of you to the office!" I shake my head again, getting my stuff and walking out. I hear someones steps behind me. I turn around with a frown on my face and my hands on my hips.

"What? Never got in trouble before?" He smirks. I get out my notepad and write: 'Why did you get me in trouble". I handed it to him.

"Why didn't you just say that"? I still look at him. "Because I can. " he says in a playful tone and smirks.

I write again "Well thats not cool"! I gave it to him, walking to the office. He follows behind.

Well we both got suspended for 5 days for hitting a teacher. This really sucks. I wanna yell at Ray Ray but I cant. I frown and wait for my mom to come and get me. Ray Ray is beside me playing with my dreads.

"I like your hair. Its.....unique." He twirls my hair and I slap his hair away.

"Why cant you speak?" I look at him and look away.

"Ok. I see your not the talking type". He says

"RAYON SMITH! BRING YO LITTLE ASS HERE. DONT BE GETTING IN TROUBLE! ITS YOUR FIRST DAY! A woman yells. She looks beat up with a robe with a hole in it. Rollers, house shoes, and smoking a cigarette.

"No smoking in here ma'm"

"I DON'T GIVE A FUCK, GIMMIE THE PAPERS SO I CAN SIGN THIS LIL NIGGA OUT" She signs a paper out and grabs Ray...or Rayon by the throat and his braids and pulls him out. I watch in horror. Poor kid.

"Tiffani pass the peas please". My mom asked. I look at the peas and pass them. My dad growls.

"So Tiffani, how was school?" My dad asked with anger in his voice. When will he understand. I am not going to talk. I get out my notepad and start to write but he snatches my notepad away and throws it. I look at him....scared

"TALK TO ME!!!!NOW!!!" He yells. I open my mouth but nothing comes out. I put my head down and tears come out of my eyes.

I get up, bumping my dad and run into my room. I hear my parents yelling but I don't care. I lock my door and jump on my bed and start to cry. No sound is coming out. I open my mouth to scream but my mouth is just open. Its so frustrating....when people don't understand why your MUTED.

Sorry Im late. Do you like reading? Should I continue? Tell me. Comment!!!

~Kay ❤️😘