Dear Hajime,

Dear Hajime,
My best friend, How have you been? I hope you've been well. We've known each other since birth. My first memory is of you and I sleeping in the same bed as our mother talked. You have always been there for me and I will always be there for you. When I think of happiness your face is all I see. I can't imagine my life without you in it.

Remember the Christmas of 09? You had walked under the mistletoe with auntie and she had on this red lipstick. She kissed you five times all over your face and no matter how many times you washed your face it wouldn't come off. Some kids at school had called you tomato face but I didn't tell you because you would of beat them up. But that Christmas you had also gotten a Godzilla sweater and refused to wash it for weeks. I bet you still have it don't you?

Oh, and what about that Halloween when we got lost in the woods? We could've lived off all the candy we got that night but somehow my mom found us. Then yelled at us for egging our teachers house. The next day we had to clean her house but we ended up making a bigger mess with the water. That was probably the best Halloween.

There were so many valentine days where you wouldn't get anything because girls found you scary. So I ended up sharing my chocolates with you. You liked dark chocolates more than me. So every Valentine's Day I'd buy you a box of dark chocolates. Then we'd sit in my room play video games and ear chocolate. We still do till this day.

New Years with you was probably my favorite part of the year. You'd take me to a cliff over looking the city and we'd watch the fireworks from there. You'd blast music from your car and we'd dance in the night sky with sparklers. A couple of times just before the fireworks went off we'd yell out our biggest fear. Yours was always the same old Godzilla winning in a fight. Well mine was being alone. It was that New Years that you said I'd never be alone and kissed me. I remember crying because your face was scary and you hit me. We were lover for real.

To me you were more than an ace on the volleyball team. You were my partner for life. Many games were won when we were together. Many tears shed as well. Girls were also a problem. You'd get mad at me for giving them more attention than you. And I would be the same. But it was always so satisfying to see their faces when we told them we were together. Lovers I should say.

My room was cover in photos of us, of you, of things I found beautiful. It was a hobby of mine. I was always taking pictures when we were together. You never seemed to mind. I remember one time I dropped my camera and flipped. It was as if my life was over. Then the next day you had bought me a new one. Photos of you were my favorite. Even though I always took them off guard. They were the most beautiful to me. I still have that camera you know.

There are a lot of things that I remember, but then, the rest I can't. I'm writing this so I remember, Cause I don't want to forget. I don't want to wake up and not know who you are. I'm slowly forgetting the person I've been with my entire life. Sometimes I wake up and I forget where I am. I take those photos so I remember what we did, what I saw, what I thought was beautiful. And god damnit my walls are cover in photos of you. There are 7 billion people in the world and I somehow managed to meet you. And even though I won't be here forever our love sure will. I spent my entire life making sure that our love would echo in all the noise of this busy city and when all the dust settled, it would be all you heard.

It was a short forever but it was my forever. And I thank the god that is taking me away from you for giving me this little forever. Because it was all I knew. The soft kisses, the bright smiles, the early mornings with you by my side, I hope to God that I die before I forget it. So,

Dear Hajime,

My forever, my one in a million, my best friend. I thank you for this little piece of forever that you shared with me.

Yours truly,
Oikawa Tooru

    Iwaizumi read aloud to the person he could no longer recognize.

    "That was a beautiful letter, but..

             Who are you again?"