DISTRICT FIVE VS. THE HAWKS

[ O C E A N  E Y E S ]

❛ district five vs. the hawks ❜

          AFTER OUR FIRST ENCOUNTER WITH OUR NEW COACH, I did my daily routine of homework then helped mom with dinner

          AFTER OUR FIRST ENCOUNTER WITH OUR NEW COACH, I did my daily routine of homework then helped mom with dinner. "I'm going out to the lake! Wanna join Charlie?" I ask.

"Nah, I think I'm just gonna stay home and finish some work," Charlie says as he gets back to work. I grab my figure skates and hockey stick then start heading to the lake. My wake to the lake was much quicker then I thought. As I approach the frozen water the night sky glistens with it.

I start warming up with some old moves I use to love doing when I did figure skating. Then I grab my hockey stick and started shooting practice.

I hear faint claps from behind, so I turn and see Banks, Adam Banks. "Not so bad for a Conway," he taunts.

"What do you want Banks?" I ask annoyed at his presence. My team and his team were practically nemeses which makes us nemesis.

"Hey, I just came here to skate, it is a free rink after all," I roll my eyes at his comment.

"Whatever just leave me alone while you're at it," I say skating away but soon hear somebody approaching behind me. I did a swift turn only to end up falling onto my back with somebody's body on top of me. My eyes shut tight as I fell. I slowly open them to see the most beautiful ocean blue eyes. My body reacts to the other body quickly pushing it away. I run back to the bench where all my items were. My face heats up from the situation. I look up from my untied skates to see no sign of Adam.

As I walk home, which wasn't too far, I hear running steps behind me, "Hold up, Conway!" a familiar voice calls out but I just kept walking "Let me walk you home."

"And why would I let you do that Banks?"

"Because..."

"Because?" I ask trying to get an answer.

"I wouldn't want a pretty girl like you walking home alone," he smirks.

"Well, this 'pretty girl' was just trying to get away from someone like you," I scoff.

"Ouch. You hit hard," he says acting hurt.

We kept jokingly arguing and the next thing I knew we were already in front of my building, "Huh, see! I walked you home," he exclaims.

"Whatever. This'll be the only day you ever do so," I roll my eyes as I walk through the doors.

"What! No thank you?" he yells, I just shook my head and smirk. The elevator opens its doors as I get in, maybe he wasn't so bad overall. I smile at the thought.