6

Word Count:
-
Lauren

I needed to see her, that precious smile had made me want to step out of my comfort zone and just, explore. I had never felt like this before but even if I tried to step out, something would always hold me back.

I hated myself for always bringing it up whenever I had a sudden boost of confidence and the energy to step outside. I decided this time I wasn't going to let it hold me back, I was going to see her, no matter what.

I put on some presentable clothes, which was just a simple black dress.

I had walked to the door and taken a deep breath before opening it and stepping outside, then everything hit me at once

I had walked to the door and taken a deep breath before opening it and stepping outside, then everything hit me at once. I was outside, I felt the breath be sucked out of me, I let out a quick yelp before rushing back inside and slamming the door behind me, sliding down to the floor. I failed at one simple little thing, I knew I couldn't do it.

Knocks erupted from the door my back was pressed against and I jumped, wondering who could be knocking, she opened the door and there stood one of her old friends, Normani. She lived down the block and sometimes checked up on her.

"Hey Lauren, I saw you outside and then run back in, everything alright?" She asked in a concerned tone, my mouth had formed an O shape, I don't remember seeing anyone out there.

"Yeah I wanted to visit a neighbor but, I couldn't do it." I let out a soft sigh "Sorry for worrying you"

"Is it the new girl who moved in, Ally?" She said and I simply just nodded as did she "She's super nice, I'll ask her to come over" she squealed like a teenager and ran off next door before I could say anything.

"Normani, no!" I shouted and without realizing I chased after her, I tackled her to the ground before she could proceed. She yelled and pushed me off.

"Wait, you're outside?" Normani said softly and I realized I was, a lot of people were watching, they had known I never came outside, they knew what happened.