Chapter 1

(Christine's POV): "Ok, we're safe now" I hear the man's voice. The voice that's been haunting me for ten years. The voice that I trusted more than any voice in the world. I open my eyes. I'm in a dark room but I can see sheet music and a piano. He's holding me tight in his arms. Before I can ask him any questions he hands me a newspaper.
Opera Star, Christine Daae, Murdered by Meg Giry on Coney Island Pier. I let out a chuckle.
          "Murder?" I ask. "My Best Friend who I haven't seen in 10 years would never murder-" Erik cut me off.
         "Don't you worry your pretty little head about Meg" Erik tells me. "I'm sure she'll get what she deserves"
     "But you don't understand!" I say "I know Meg better than anyone and she would never do something like that to me"
    "Ahhh but, she would" Erik told me "That first day you came here, with your pathetic husband precious child, what did Meg tell you?" 
  "She told me that she was happy to see me" I say angrily and confused.
  "And didn't you have news for Her?"
"No-I mean yes, I told her that I was going to sing at your theatre that night."
"Right, and then what did she tell you"
"Well, she told me that-" I now realized what Erik was trying to get me to realize. I gulp. "She told me that she was also singing that night." I pause. "And I took her leading lady spot"
  "You see, my love, it was jealousy"   "Jealously can drive people insane." I still didn't understand. I understood Meg's jealousy but that is no reason to kill someone. I think about ten years ago. When Meg and I were the best of Friends. I remember we were both chorus girls. Until I got chosen to be a star. I got chosen 10 years ago because of Meg. She had told them.

~~~~~~~~~~

(Flashback)
Our main soprano got scared because of a "ghost in the theater" and left the performance.
   "We need a new star" I hear the composer demand. I am sitting with all of the other chorus girls.
        Then my Best friend Meg runs up to the composer and says "You should cast Christine as the lead"
      "A chorus girl?" Everyone starts laughing. My cheeks turn red. "Well, would anyone else like to audition for the lead?" I look back at Meg. She is about to say something. She is about to tell them that she would like to audition. But then she looks at me. She sees how badly I want this. And backs down. "Very well" the composer says. "Since no one else is interested in the part, Christine will audition."
       The piano starts playing. At first, I sing like the terrified shy girl that I am, but as the piano gets louder, my confidence increases, I belt all of the High A's and C's and before I know it, I'm trying on costumes for the lead role.

~~~~~~~~
(Not flash back any more)
"Meg is the reason I became a star" I say, partly to myself and partly to Erik. "And I never thanked her"
    My heart drops. I get this weird feeling in my chest and then I came to a shocking realization.

It was murder.