Chapter Five

The next day, Raven had managed to get three tickets to the Metropolis City fair, giving them to Starfire, Cyborg, and Beast Boy. They all left as soon as they got the tickets, knowing they'd spend the whole day there. A few minutes after they all left, Raven had left the house to spend the day at Jump City's new library.

Robin knocked at Shadows door, hoping not to wake her up. Shadow opened the door, but was taken aback when she saw Robin. He was wearing a red t-shirt under a black hoodie, a pair of jeans, and black converse. Instead of wearing his usual mask, he had on a pair of sunglasses. Robin smiled at her, leaning against her door frame. "Get dressed, let's go have some fun." he said, handing her a pair of sunglasses. Shadow took them, then closed the door to get dressed.

Shadow put on a dark purple hoodie, black jeans, and black converse. She put her hair into a side braid, then put the sunglasses on. Robin smiled when she stepped out of her room, letting out a whistle. "Just like old times huh?" he commented. "You mean the times where we snuck out of the bat cave, explored Gotham, then got in trouble?" she replied, a smile on her face. They both left Titans Tower, heading to Gotham City.

~~~

Robin and Shadow walked hand-in-hand down the Gotham City boardwalk, the sun shining down on them. Earlier they had gotten lunch at a pizzeria, the went down to the old arcade. "Do you remember the time we got sick? I mean really sick." Shadow asked as they stopped to look at the water. "You mean the time Green Arrow was here?" Robin replied. Shadow nodded, staring at the water. "You got hit the hardest, but he took good care of us. I remember that after we got better we took Green Arrows bow, then dad-"

Shadow quickly stopped talking once she said dad, and Robin flinched a little. "Do you want to visit him?..." Robin asked, looking away from the water. "Ya, we both should. He misses you a lot." Shadow said. They both headed down to the Wayne Manor, and soon stood in front of the doors. Robin knocked at the door and took off his sunglasses, and Alfred opened it shortly after. "Dick, is that you?" he asked. Robin nodded, and Alfred ushered them inside. Shadow took off her sunglasses as well, and they both waited for Alfred to return with Batman.

Batman burst through the door and stopped when he saw them. Robin and Shadow stood up when he came in, and they all just looked at each other. "Dick, Marceline..." Batman said, walking over to them. Shadow was the first one to step up, tucking her sunglasses in her pocket. She and Batman shared a hug, then he looked at her.

"You've grown up so much. Flash told me that you ran into his nephew."

"It was a while ago, and he ran into me, literally."

They both smiled, then Robin walked over. Batman and Robin shared a hug themselves, then Batman put his hands on Robins shoulders. "I've heard that you have your own team in Jump City, I'm proud." Batman said. Robin smiled, and they all started to catch up on things. Hours went by, them Robin checked his watch. "We gotta go Shadow" he said. Shadow gave him a questioning look, then sighed. They all said their good-byes, then Robin and Shadow headed into town.

~~~

Robin and Shadow sat at a karaoke restaurant, ordering their food. Robin smiled as he looked at Shadow, and she gave a nervous laugh. "Is there something in my teeth?" she asked, and Robin let out a small laugh. "No, I just think you look beautiful tonight. N-not that you don't always look beautiful!" Robin said. This time Shadow laughed, and they both smiled. Suddenly a man walked up to the table, a microphone in his hand. "Congratulations young lady, you have been chosen from the crowd to sing!" he said, pulling her out of her seat. The man brought her up to the stage, giving her a microphone.

After looking through all the songs, Shadow finally picked one, and the music started up. Robin watched from the booth smiling, then couldn't believe his ears as she sang. He didn't know that she could sing, and the crowd watched in awe.

"Met a girl at seventeen

Thought she meant the world to me

So I gave her everything

She turned out to be a cheat

Said she's been thinking for a long time

And she found somebody new

I've been thinking that this whole time

But I'd never thought you'd say

That's ok

I hope he takes your filthy heart and then he throws you away some day

Before you go

There's on thing you gotta know

If you can't hang then there's the door

If you can't hand then there's the door!"

Once she finished, everyone cheered as she blushed. She quickly headed back to Robin, her face as red as an apple. "I didn't know you could sing! Marcy that was amazing!" he said, giving her a hug. She hugged him back and smiled, thanking him. After dinner they made there way home, hand-in-hand.