~part 5~

As soon as I got back into the common room that evening, I didn't realize my cheeks were still glistening with tears and my eyes had turned soft and forlorn.

I barged right through the portrait and found Harry Ron and Hermione settled in front of the fire. They turned to look at me as they heard a patter of feet. Upon seeing my upset face, they exchanged confused glances.

I tried to hold back further tears, however it was of no use. They had understood I had been crying.

"Alicia?" Hermione asked. 

Without responding, I ran off to my dorm with tears streaming down and struggled to get Blaise's face out of my mind. I don't know why I was crying so much at the sight of Blaise and Malfoy fighting, but I just - didn't want Malfoy to walk in on us. Now he's going to think I'm a wimp who doesn't have anything else to do than hook up with people, which is untrue.

"Right, well - I'll see you guys tomorrow." Hermione got up to go. I heard her stop near my bed to check if I was asleep so I turned on my other side, facing away and acting like I had slept.

When I heard the creaking of her bed as she clambered in, I rolled over onto my back again.

💓

DRACO'S POV:

I sat glumly in the great hall for breakfast the next day. Crabbe and Goyle were all shoving their mouths with food and I was trying to maintain distance from Zabini after what happened last night, however he came and sat next to me.

"Hey Malfoy." He thumped my back. I didn't respond.

"So - has your forehead calmed down a bit after yesterday's tantrum? Let's see... ah it has. Wrinkles are gone and that's saying something." He winked as he taunted me and I looked at him in disbelief.

I had just been wondering where Moorfield was when I saw her small self at the entrance, clutching her books tightly to her chest and walking in unsurely.

I straightened up to see her come in, and to my surprise (I don't know why), my stomach churned when I saw her lip bleeding.

"Zabini." I snapped. He turned towards me with raised eyebrows.

"Look at Moorfield's lips - did you have anything to do with them?" I asked him suspiciously, glaring at him. "I will seriously kill you...." I grabbed his collar.

"Seriously mate, you're fussing over a lip bleed, and that too for Moorfield. You don't even like her."

I let go of his collar and thrust him away, sighing.

I watched as she tried to put on a smile but it was obviously fake. The cloth she had been using to dab her lips had turned scarlet-red and as soon as I saw her looking my way, I turned to Crabbe.

I quickly glanced at her for a second and noticed that Potter was now helping her to clean her lips.

"Look at that player." I snorted which set off Crabbe and Goyle.

ALICIA'S POV:

"You're alright?" Harry asked me as he offered to dab that last cut on my lip.