Prolouge

Oof.

What the. Where am I?

When I stood up, I saw a girl beside the bushes holding a gun as she was trying to strike someone properly. She's wearing a uniform with long black socks and black shoes. She looked like she was busy so I decided not to ruin her concentration.  But curiosity killed me so I look at my surroundings first before I decided to asked the woman.

"Sorry to disturb you Miss, but where am I?" I asked her formally. At first, she didn't notice me, well, maybe because she was so busy that she didn't noticed me. I decided to repeat my question louder until she blinked and turned to face me.

She put down the gun first before looking at me. She has black hair and hazel eyes that can look right under your soul. "Welcome, to the afterlife." Wait, what? Did she just say afterlife? Well, I believe the afterlife is not like this. With people acting as assassins.

I curled up my forehead. "What do you mean by afterlife, miss?" I asked once again. She sighed and pointed the gun to me. Woah. I raised up my hands like I'm surrendering to her but no, I'm not. "Woah, Miss what are you trying to do?" I tried to look around for other people but the people that all I can see are too far away from me so its impossible to seek help from them. Like they would notice me, huh.

I put my attention to the woman in front me. She sighed once again and lowered her gun. "I'm serious. This is the afterlife. You're dead. People here in the afterlife are already dead. As you can see, there are people there at the middle, right? They're assassins. Well, I'm an assassin, too. They are dead so I let them be my co-assassins. Why? I need to kill that woman in the middle. That woman who has blonde hair," She pointed at the woman. The woman looks innocent and I don't even know why did she needed to shoot the woman.

"Uhm... Why do you need to shoot the woman there?" I asked out of curiosity as I pointed the woman.

"This is still not the time to tell you, newbie." She replied. Newbie? I didn't even want to join her assassin organization!

"What?! What do you mean by Newbie, huh? Like I would join your assassin organization!" I almost yelled as I rolled my eyes at her.

Then she suddenly dropped the gun and pushed me down to the ground. When I opened my eyes, I saw her face so close already.

"Urusai! Shizuka!" She whisper-yelled to me. I don't understand her. "You, just stop okay? Here, a knife." She threw the knife to me as she went to the bushes again. I sighed. "So, what you're gonna do is, go to Akane," she glanced at the woman, "and stab her quickly. Hurry up before she sees you, hai?"

I thought she was saying "hi" so I started to raise my hand when she stopped me.

She sighed. "You need to learn Japanese. That's rule #1 for being an assassin. Hai means okay, or yes. Now go."

I wrinkled my eyebrows. "As I've said a while ago, or if you didn't hear it, I'm not even joining your-" I was interrupted mid-sentence.

"Just go." With no other choice, I walked towards the woman slowly and acting as if I don't even know what's happening.

But to my avail, the woman, or should I say, Akane, turned around to face me and stared at me with her blank expression.

"Hidden Skill: Cruztation." When she said those words, she started to walked towards me. I clutched the knife in a pocket and pretended to be distracted by the surroundings. I didn't noticed when she did something to me.

She stabbed me.

With the sword-like thingy.

In her hands.

She stabbed me with the sword-like thingy in her hands.

I don't know what happened next but I could only see blood coming from mg mouth as I blacked out.

Wait. I'm already dead, right?

Oh well.