And So It Goes

On a cold day in February, a man by the name of Beckett walked through the park. He walked with gusto on his commute to work. He wore a neat, black suit with a white shirt and black tie. With a suitcase in hand, he looked just as normal as anyone else. If you were to see such a man in person, you most likely wouldn't think he was anything special, but one person in particular thought otherwise. You see, as Beckett goes on his way he doesn't see the second man, looking down at him from Beckett's own apartment. As Beckett walks into the building he works in, the unknown man gets to work. Setting up cameras, carefully placing things back where they came, and being stealthily silent (as to not raise alarm in other people living there), were the very things his did best.

While the unknown man did his work, Beckett did his own. He was a high-end financial consultant in a not-so-high-end firm. Even though he understood he could do better, Beckett still stayed where he was because the pay was good enough, and he didn't need much to support his meager life. Walking into the firm, he greeted the secretary.

"Heya Emily! It's nice to get in here where it's warm, it's freezing outside," Beckett exclaimed!

Emily responded, "It sure is! I'm surprised it's gotten this cold. Just yesterday we were in the fifties, now we're back down in the twenties."

"Mother nature sure is a curious thing. I better get to work now, as usual, but it was nice talking to you," Beckett !

Emily returned, "Alrighty then, see ya around noon."

Beckett continued the rest of his day as he normally did. This is not the exciting part, so let's skip to the end of his day.

Going home, Beckett flopped onto his bed in exhaustion. What he was still yet to realize, was the cameras in his room. It's astonishing how oblivious people can be. Anyways, as Beckett was lying on his bed, just about to fall asleep, he thought he saw his doorknob move! Maybe it was just his imagination? No! It moved again! His heart was pounding! He was sure the doorknob moved!

"W-who's there," Beckett shouted out? "Please leave! I-Ii won't tell if you just go!"

Beckett layed there in fear for what felt like forever (in reality it was just a minute or two), when he suddenly heard this eerie voice.

"Shhhhhh," the unknown man whispered.

This was when Beckett started crying in loud wails that somehow were not enough to alert anybody. The unknown man quietly walked in, and for a moment, Beckett's wails got impossibly loud. It didn't last long though, because the unknown man immediately covered his mouth.

The man said to Beckett in an almost inaudible voice, "I'm sorry."

Now we're going to skip ahead, as this part is not the kind of thing to be read. We're going to go ahead and skip to what the unknown man did after.

"I got what you asked for," started the unknown man.

"All of it? You made sure to record it, right," questions yet another unknown man?

"All of it. I want my money now," the first man demanded.

THE END