Here we go again

For as long as I can remember I was in and out homes or thrown out, I'm a foster kid.
My mother died while giving birth, never knew who my father was. And my biological family is not where to be found.
Always been moving schools and trying to make friends but fail usually, neglected by my foster parents, fighting to be here and searching for my forever home.

I'm Dani and this is my story

August 24 2008

It's the first day of 8th grade and also my first day in my new foster home, they seem like a happy family.
They also have a son that is a junior in high school, I don't think we will be all buddy buddy and all but I'll try to get through to him.

They led me to my room and already had a few clothes for me to wear today.
I put the clothes on and look at the mirror, I have a plain black shirt on with some Adidas pants that looked like they were passed down and Adidas shoes that also looked worn out.

I have long brown hair, tan skin I don't know who my parents were but all i know is that my mom was Hispanic so I have a few answers to the questions I ask about my appearance.

I grabbed my backpack and headed downstairs, I see my foster mom and dad at the table I believe there names were Daniel and Jenny. As I was about to walk in , their son josh came a bumped into me causing me to trip a lil.

"Watch it kid" he says as he sits down at the tabel. Jenny slapped him with her spoon on his hand that still had cereal on it
"Josh that's rude, you watch it. Dani is now a new guest in this house" she said as she looked up at me a smiled.
I smiled faintly after hearing that word 'guest' that's means temporary, meaning a lil while longer I'll be going to a different home.

I finally sat down at the table neer Josh and Daniel. I ate eat my cereal, said goodbye also getting a glare from Josh on the way.

I got to the bus just in time to get on the bus, I got on and stopped as I looked at everyone on the bus, there were so many people, I blush and sat down in the 1st seat.

Trying to keep my focus on the road and ignoring all the questions being asked of me from jealous girls and perverted boys. We pulled up to the school, I rolled my eyes and got off the bus quickly. I headed to the front office.

I went up to the lady on the desk and said " I'm Danielle Isabella Martinez and I'm new here. I need my schedule".
She nodded without even looking at me and went to go get my schedule hopefully, as I looked around I saw a boy, black hair, fair skinned, about 5 '11 and once he looked up I noticed he had brown chocolate eyes.

He grinned a bit at me, I started to blush and quickly looked away. It looked like he was about to walk over when " Hugo Rivera come to my office now" someone called out from around the corner.

It looked as if he was mad, grabbed his back pack and stomped around the corner following the voice that call out a second ago. Wondering was that was all about the lady came back with my schedule not saying a word.

" Thanks I guess", I walked out of the front office and heard the first bell go off.
"Wow first day and I'm already late, new record, here we go again " I whispered sarcastically to myself and chuckled.

I looked at my schedule and it said '1st period Mrs. Livingston 3rd floor'

The fudge?? 3rd floor oh hell no, I looked up and saw the stairs hoping it will lead to heaven once I'm up there.
"Greattt let's getter done" I rolled my eyes as I headed for the stairs.

I walk into the room and all eyes land on me, It got awkward so I went straight to Mrs . Livingston, she gave me a warm smile which I appreciate more than anything, a true smile. I returned the same smile to her.

"HI um I'm Dani and new here, sorry I'm late I had to get my schedule" I said as I looked down at my shoes trying to ignore the stares on me.

"Hey Dani glad you have this class with me, your going to like it here" she said, oh that sentence, that sentence I hear over and over again.

I smiled and looked at the sea of students and froze in place
"You can sit over there next to Elizabeth, Elizabeth raise your hand please".

I looked around the room to see a small hand go up in the back. I walked over still looking down untill I got to the seat and plopped down. I finally looked up into her eyes, her puppy dog eyes.
She had long brown hair that looked black and pretty small for her age, but she was pretty.

I could barely look away until Mrs Livingstons voice filled my ears again, I looked down once more and saw her wrists, as I looked horrified, something I could never get out of my head, something I never frogot. Cuts. Cutting. Hate.

She caught me looking and quickly hid her arms under the tabel and did her best to ignore me.
*
*
*
*
*

But Elizabeth, a tabel can't hide what you really are and feel Inside. They may give u pitty and let u hang on there arms as you try to distract yourself from what's inside you. But I don't, and don't get me wrong, I was fooled for a while there.

Now Elizabeth, this is your story and one of my mistakes I wish I could take back.