❀ 3.5 ❀

amara's things were already packed and gathered five minutes before the bell, so when it actually rung, she was already out of her seat and on her way to her locker. it was friday, and she was eager to get out of school.

the first thing her eyes laid upon was a nervous jeff atkins leaning on her locker, his hands twiddling with the bouquet of flowers. jeff was nervous, he was going to ask the girl he liked for so long out on a date. though they talked and got to know each other the past two weeks, he put off asking the girl out, but he knew that it was now or never. 

whereas on the other hand, amara was confused as to why the boy was in front of her locker. amara was oblivious as to what was going to happen. 

"hey jeff." amara smiles, tucking a strand of hair behind her ear. 

"h-hey." jeff stutters, the girl taking him by surprise. 

"what's up, you okay?" amara asks, looking up at the boy from opening her locker, sensing the boy's nerves. 

"uh, this is for you." jeff says, extending his arm to hand her the bouquet, to which she took happily. 

"oh, wow, thank you. they're beautiful." amara smiled, taking a whiff of the flowers, sighing happily; she thought the flowers were beautiful. 

now that he gave the bouquet of flowers to her, she immediately sees that jeff's hands were shaking. placing her things and the flowers into her locker, she takes his hands in hers. 

"what's wrong?" she asks him, genuinely worried that something was happening with him. he looks at the girl in front of him, nothing but adoration in his eyes, she noticed the small things, and she pointed them out; she cared for others, and that was one of the reasons why jeff liked her so much. he decided that he was just out and say it, ask her. 

"amara, i like you." jeff says after a moment of silence. 

"i mean i would hope you do, i didn't make that first move for you not to." amara retorted, smiling brightly at him. 

"wait, so you like me too?" jeff asks, trying confirm what she's trying to say. 

"are you seriously not picking up what i'm putting down?" amara asks the boy in disbelief, when he stays quiet, amara shakes her head, "yes, you dumb-wit, i like you." 

"so does that mean you'll say yes to what i'm going to ask next?" jeff asks hopefully. 

"depends on what." amara teases. 

"will you go out with me?" though they just confessed their feelings towards each other, jeff was still nervous, and unsure about what's going to happen next. 

"you know what? i think i'll just stay in, i don't want to go anywhere with you." amara joked, causing the jock to protest.

"but." jeff pouts, making amara bite her lip to keep from smiling. 

"yes." amara says simply before gathering her things and stalking off. but before she rounded the corner, she looks back to see the boy fist pump the air, a grin smiling from ear to ear on his face. jeff atkins was something else.

 ❀

@amara

@amara.cameron: bellissimo.  

comments; 

@jeff.atkins: i'll pick you up at 7, bring your beautiful self.