8.

I rubbed my eyes and looked around to see where I was. "Hello." I called out as I examined the small room I was in. It was completely empty, the walls were bright white and the floor was a cold perfectly white carpet. I stood up and pulled the door open. "Hello?" I asked as I looked out into the hallway. No answer.

I shut the door behind me as I made my way down the hallway. Why was everything so bright in this house? Nearly everything was a shiny white, the floor, walls, ceiling, even the furniture. "Is anyone here?" I asked as I walked into what looked like a living room. 

I turned to look around when a hand slammed on to my mouth. "Hey!" I shouted but the hand muffled my scream. "Shhh. You have to be quiet, calm down Astrid." The voice, which sounded like Harry's, whispered. He took his hand off and stood in front of me. "What's going on? Where are we?" I asked as I put my hand on my hip.

"Listen sassy, we're hiding. Just for a few days, that's all. It's just to be safe so we know they won't come after us. You know you really made them angry right?" Harry said as he turned and walked into the, as usual, all white kitchen.

"Them? Who's them?" I asked while I followed him. "So are you hungry? Do Rammiles even need food to survive?" Harry laughed as he cut up some apples into small chunks. "Rammiles?" I questioned, not sure what he meant. He chuckled. "Rammiles?" I asked a bit louder, hoping this time I'd get an answer.

"You're a Rammile. That's what you are." He said bluntly, popping a small carrot into his mouth. "What's that? A mean term? Some kind of supernatural thing?" I asked, desperate for more information. He laughed and pushed the apple chunks onto a white glass plate and went into the living room. 

"I don't know how to explain it. You're a rammile. The same way a vampire is a vampire, and ghosts are ghosts. You're just a rammile." He said as he sat on the white leather couch. "So what do I do? Vampires drink blood and what not, and ghosts haunt people. What does a, you know, Rammile, do?" 

Harry laughed and ate a few more chunks of apples before he finally replied, "Rammiles do a lot of things. You're lucky, there's only a few like you alive. They just kind of went extinct a couple decades ago. No one wanted to breed with them, they're too powerful and people feared they'd ruin the world." He explained, patting the couch for me to sit down. 

"Explain more." I insisted and he smirked. "I don't know everything there is to know about your kind, but something I do know... be careful. You're extremely powerful once you learn your abilities, and I've heard that Rammiles get crazy. They get cocky and just go, well, mad." 

I gulped and thought about how I acted during the fight. I got cocky, and I went crazy. I knew I could beat Rylan and I did, I burned his hand and broke his other. I went mad, and yet I still don't have control of all of my abilities yet.

"Don't worry. I'll help you. I've been taught a few tricks on controlling Rammiles. I never actually thought I'd might have to use them, but hey, here you are." He laughed as he grabbed my hand. My hand started to tingle, and I suddenly felt as if I was being drained. I went weak and collapsed on to Harry's lap. 

 He let go and pushed my hair out of my face. "How do you feel?" He asked. "Weak. Terrible. A little confused." I mumbled. Harry laughed and helped pull me back up. "Good, then it worked." 

"What did you do?" I asked him, even though I had a slight idea. "Well stopping Rammiles for a short period is easy, only if first you can stop them for a second. All I have to do is grab your hand and take your energy. You'll be powerless for at least 5 minutes. Which gives someone time to get away. Problem is, only supernatural people can drain you." He explained. 

"I don't want to be the enemy." I whispered, as I rested my head on the couch's arm. "You're not the enemy, and you won't be. I won't let you. I'll train you, we'll hide away from anything that might get you crazy, it'll be fine." Harry said, pushing my hair back behind my ear. "I want to be out in the world, not hiding away like some sort of killer. I'm not a killer Harry, I'm not." I mumbled and a tear dropped from my eye.