Chapter 18

It's Sunday in the afternoon and I'm going back to my apartment. Ugh. I don't wanna go. I wanna stay here at home but I have no choice.

"Dad, where's Luke?" Luke should be bringing me back to my apartment.

"He's not here. He brought Greg to the airport. Catch!" My Dad threw my car keys and fortunately I caught it with one hand.

"Thanks, Dad!" I jumped and squealed. I'm just very happy. Yes. I have my car back!

"Drive carefully, Sam." My Dad said.

"Sure, Dad." I chirped. I thought I'll never drive again.

This time, I'll be driving as careful as I could. I don't wanna die early, you know.

On my way to my apartment, I was thinking about Mike. He seems nice and I'm starting to like him. He's been always there for me. I know he cares about me and he said he likes me. Maybe, Mike can help me in moving on. Why don't I give him a chance. I can't let myself stuck in this life being depressed when I'm alone, thinking how broken my heart is, I should really stop and be happy and maybe later, fall in love again.

I arrived at my apartment in the evening. The two hour drive became three hours and thirty minutes. I was like a turtle in the road. There was even a guy who laughed when he overtakes me and I just smiled at him. At least I'm driving carefully. It's better to be safe than sorry, you know.

"Hey. Oh." I entered my apartment and I saw Clarice, Mike and Lena, my classmate in one subject, in the living room.

"Sam, you're here." Clarice said and smiled.

"Of course, This is my apartment and we have class tomorrow." I smiled at her. She nodded and smiled.

"Hey, Mike and Lena. What are you guys doing here?"

"Ummm... Waiting for you." He smiled from ear to ear with those big blue eyes that looked like a puppy.

"Oh. Okay." I said. And we were so quiet like waiting for someone to talk.

"So, what brings you here, Lena?" I asked her.

"Sam... Can I crash for a night? My roommate just kicked me out." Lena said shyly.

"Sure... Anytime. Why did your roommate kicked you out?"

"She thought I was sleeping with her boyfriend!" She clenched her fist and her face was red like a tomato.

"That's awful! You're welcome to be our roommate if you want to. We still have one room left. Right, Clarice?" I smiled at Clarice and she just nodded.

"Really, Sam?"

"Yes."

"Thank you, Sam!" She hugged me and I hugged her back. I'm happy to help her. I can't imagine myself being kicked out by my roommate and accused that I slept with her boyfriend, that's totally awful. Oh well... No one can kick me out because my parents own this place.

"I better go girls, It's late already. Bye!" Mike said. I think he was out of place because we're just talking to ourselves and he was left out.

"Bye, Mike." Clarice and Lena said in unison.

"Oh. Okay. You want me to go with you downstairs?" I smiled at him and he nodded.

Both of us were quiet in the elevator. It's a little bit awkward. Usually, Mike will always say something to break the silence.

"Thank you, Sam, for letting Lena stay. She's my bestfriend and I can't let her stay in my apartment. My roommates will be throwing theirselves to Lena." Mike said as we walked out from the elevator. Lena is very beautiful with a body to die for. Her shiny and bouncy red hair matches her brown eyes very well.