The Letter

Clarissa stood by her locker as she stared at the picture on the side of her locker. It was her smiling with a boy next to her. But it wasn't any boy. Jeff Atkins. A high school jock. Her dead boyfriend.

"Clarissa!" Clarissa jumped in surprise as she turned around. She saw her older twin, Clay, standing behind her.

"Hey Clay," she mumbled.

"It's been almost a month," He tells her. 

"I have to get to class," Clarissa said before tearing up again. She walked over to the bathroom in a rush. That's when she lost it. Clarissa broke down crying as she remembered what happened the night of Jessica Davis's party.

"Clarissa, are you okay?" She heard. Clarissa tried to stop but couldn't. She looked over and saw a blurry vision of Courtney Crimson. She shook her head making Courtney looked around.

"You need to go home," She said.

"This is the first mental breakdown of the month. I can't," Clarissa manage to say.

"Come on," Courtney said before helping the weeping girl to the office. Clay noticed his sister crying and he followed them.

"Another breakdown?" Clay asked. Clarissa nodded as he called their dad.

Their dad picked up Clarissa from school early. Once they got home, Clarissa ran straight up to her room. She lied down onto her bed and closed her eyes.

~~~~~~~~~~

"Sweetie," Her mom knocked on her door. Clarissa woke up a little better. However, she still felt gross and depressed.

"Come in," Clarissa said. Her mom walked in with a sad smile.

"I heard you had another break down," Her mom said.

"Sorry I can't control it," Clarissa said sitting up.

"I understand that you're in pain sweetie. But you have to remember that I'm always here for you. Your dad is here for you and so is Clay," Her mom told her.

"Thanks mom. I'll remember than," Clarissa said smiling a bit.

"Clay should be home soon," She told her.

"Okay."

Clarissa stood up to grab her computer until she hit the desk with her side. Clarissa hissed in pain before noticing that a small box fell. She picked it up before noticing a note on it.

To Clary. Open after graduation.

It wasn't from her parents. It wasn't from Clay. The only person who called her Clary was Jeff. But he was dead now. It seemed like it didn't matter to her anymore. She opened the box and saw a bunch of papers, pictures, and some other junk. The first paper she picked up was a letter from Jeff.

Hey Clarissa!

Do you remember the day we met? I do. You walked in to talk to your brother Clay, who happened to be tutoring me.

Clarissa paused for a moment. She did remember that memory. It felt like it was almost yesterday.

~~~~~~~~~~

Clarissa walked into the library looking for her brother. She remembered her brother telling her that he was tutoring someone after school. She got distracted a couple of times because of some books she saw. Her and her brother were big nerds which made them bond more.

Clarissa finally found Clay talking to someone as he looked at their paper. She walked over to him and pulled out a chair. She sat next to him making both boys look up at her.

"Clarissa, I'm tutoring," Clay said.

"I came to tell you that I'm going to Monet's to study. Tell dad that I'm gonna need him to pick me up," Clarissa tells him.

"Why can't you call him?" Clay asked.

"My phone is dead," Clarissa told him.

"Okay. Fine."

"She's your sister?" Clarissa heard. She looked up to see a handsome guy in front of her. Their eyes met making the both of them fall for each other a bit.

"Yeah. Jeff, this is my sister, Clarissa. Clarissa, meet Jeff Atkins. The person I'm suppose to be tutoring," Clay introduced he two.

"Clarissa. Beautiful name," Jeff smiled.

"Thanks. I have to go. Clay, tell dad to pick me up at seven," Clarissa told her older twin before walking out of the school library. Once Clarissa was out of sight, Jeff looked back at Clay.

"Is your sister single?" Jeff asked him.

"Dude," Clay said a bit weird out.

"Sorry. She's just, really beautiful," Jeff complimented.

"That's a bit weird," Clay said before looking at Jeff's poorly, written paper. Jeff nodded, understanding how Clarissa's brother did not want to talk about his younger sister's personal life.

"And yes. She's single," Clay said nicely to the jock. Jeff smiled happily and they finished their work.

~~~~~~~~~~

Clarissa continued to finishing the letter Jeff had written.

When I first saw you, I thought to myself that this girl was beautiful. It'll suck if she was with Clay. When I found out that you were his sister, I just wanted to ask you out right there and then. Call me cheesy but for a moment there, I thought, maybe she could be the one I spend the rest of my life with. Maybe she and I can have a possible future together. Maybe. Just maybe.

Love, Jeff <3

XxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXx

Hi guys! So welcome to my fanfiction of the lovely Jeff Atkins (who deserves better by the way). I do not own anything except Clarissa Jensen. If you want to see visuals (pictures or gifs) go ahead and read that on my Quotev account. My user is Eleanor Winchester and it is the picture of Lily Collins. Hope you enjoy this story!