Chapter4 Change, Endings and a Sequel?

Natsu's POV

  Lucy needs me. She is a friend. She is my life. I don't know what I would be without her. She changed me.

  Tears practically freeze to my face as happy flies to Lucy's appartment.

   "Happy land."

  "Why, don't you want to suprise her?"

  "Now's not the time to come busting through a window."

   "Fine, mister party pooper."

We land and I bolt up the several flights of stairs. I normally would bust through the door, but today is different.

   "Lucy." I say calmly as I slowly open the door.

  She looks at me with her tear filled eyes before looking away.

   "What do you want?"

  "I wanted to say I'm sorry. I know I hurt you but I didn't mean for any of this to happen. I'm stupid, impatient, and can get a little angry at times. But you changed me. Before I met you I was a completely different person. What I am trying to say is will you still marry me?"

  "What makes you think I will change my mind? You broke my heart."

  "I know and I didn't expect you to change your mind, but hear me out. Before I met you I was irrational, Uncaring, and Drunk. I have always been like that after the one person who cared for me disapeared. I never let anyone near because I was afraid, afraid of being stupid, afraid that they would disapear also, but most of all afraid that I would be hurt even more. Broken beyond repair. But then I met you, you taught to love again, you taught to be patient, you brought me back. I guess what I am trying to say is I understand if you don't want to, but know this I won't be the same."

  I turned and began to leave before she called out my name.

   "Natsu, wait. I don't think I could forgive myself if I let you walk away, but yet I am scared also. I don't want to walk into this when I am not ready. I am scared that you will leave me. It terrifies me seeing so many single mothers. So let me ask you this, Will you leave me?"

"Why would I do that? I want to be with you forever. I want a family. So I would Never leave you no matter what happens.You mean the world to me. So will you marry me, Lucy Heatfilla?"

   Tears swelled in her eyes; never before have I seen such emotion.

  "Yes, I will marry you."