Chapter 9

The closest thing to a relationship after Marcus that I had was a guy I met in Australia. I still can't forget our first date. And the last time I saw him.

He was talking about his work but he seemed so distracted like something else was going on in his mind. 

I raised an eyebrow at him, a smile playing at my lips. 

"What is it?" he asked curiously.

"What is on your mind? Because I know you never brought me on a date to talk about work."

"This." His hand slipped behind my neck, his fingers tangling in my hair as he brought my lips to his. Dude couldn't wait for the ice to break for him to get to me, I smirked knowingly.  Suddenly we were kissing as if our lives depended on it. And maybe they did, because I'd sure as hell bust if he didn't fully consummate the tension that had been simmering between us since the beginning.

After what seemed like hours we came up for air. The rapid pounding of my heart was a cadence that filled the silence, accompanied by the heated rush of blood through my system.

I opened my eyes, stared into his. Saw the desires burning bright- desire that was both sexual and blood need. He was controlling both urges, but the first only just. Typical vampire.

He kissed me again,  and whatever slivers of control I'd had were totally and irreparably smashed by the force of it. By the passion behind it.

No one had ever kissed me like that before.

But right then it wasn't his kiss I wanted. I was ready for everything he could give.

I pushed him onto his back and climbed on top, claiming him in the most basic way possible. He groaned, his hands sliding to my hips, pressing me down harder. I arched upright, echoing his groan at the way he filled me, completed me, in a way not even Marcus had. It was almost as if I'd found the one perfect piece of the puzzle, the one and only fragment designed to perfectly fit the space that was me.  

He began to move, and thought became impossible.

All I could do was move with him, savoring and enjoying the sensations flowing through me.

Then he reared up and pulled my legs around his hips so that I was sitting in his lap, impaled by his body, my breasts crushed against his chest. His dark eyes burned into mine, stirring me in ways I'd never thought possible.

"I want to be kissing you when I go inside you," he all but growled.

The words were barely out of his mouth, and I was there, kissing him, tasting him, my arms wrapped around his neck, holding him close as he moved. My body quivered with the sensations tumbling through me, my thighs clenched against his sides as the pressure built and built, until I felt so tightly strung that everything would surely break. Then everything did break, and i was unraveling, groaning with the intensity of an orgasm flowing through me, ignited just because of his kisses and his touch. His kiss became as fierce as his body, his mouth left mine and his teeth grazing my neck. I felt his teeth lengthen and scrape my soft nape. 

Wait? Lengthen? I never remembered my date with Alex going this far. Someone cleared their throat and it was like reality came rushing back to me.

I looked at the man I had so desperately clung to.

"Kyle?"

******************

After being caught by Celine, in a rather compromising position with Kyle, I ran to my room and locked the door.

My bloodlust was getting stronger, I just had a few days before the full moon. I looked out my window and saw the moon peaking out behind the clouds.

Just a few more days to decide whether or not I wanted this mate thing with Kyle because once we mate, there's no turning back.

"Riley!!!!!" my brother's voice screamed in my head. Intense pain came along with it. I screamed out. 

"Riley open the door!!!" Albert banged on the door. I couldn't moved to get to it. He broke it down after me not answering. He rushed over to me. "Riley, what's wrong?" Albert said frantically. 

I fell to my knees, my head in my hands. "My brother," I whispered.