Chapter One

Mary Anne was walking down the school hallway with her two best friends, Lora and Kassidy. They all had gym with Mr. Evans first so they always walked together. Matter of fact they had most of their classes together. As they walked Mary smiled at everyone​ she knew. People weren't surprised, because she had done this for as long as anyone can remember.
          As they entered the gym they were immediately surrounded by the other cheerleaders who had been talking about the upcoming competition. The captain, Elizabeth Jones, had coregraphed the whole thing. The girls were really nervous because they only had another week left to practice but Mary wasn't worried at all. She had faith that they'd do a fantastic job. She thought they were guaranteed a spot on the top three at least. The team was amazing, they had won nationals three years in a row, and many more championships before that.

          -----------------------------------------

          Mary and her friends had walked home together, they usually took the bus but today they had missed it because they stayed after to talk to Mrs. Nelson, their math teacher. They were in advanced math and had offered to be tutors, but were declined because they already had plenty of student tutors.
         Mary lived closest to the school so they arrived at her stop first. After saying goodbye, the two other girls began to walk to their destinations just a few houses down. Mary watched as her best friends walked away and smiled, thinking of how great the two of them were.
        Mary walked into her house and was greeted by her dogs, Max and Midnight. She laughed because she knew this was going to happen. The dogs had waited by the door to greet her since she was in sixth grade, and here she is in twelfth. She was amazed how fast time went by.

          ---------------------------------------

          Mary's mom had gotten home around six that night, and her brother at five. Her mom was scientist, more specifically a marine biologist. Her brother was a part time waiter, seeing as he was still in college. Mary had been looking for a job for a while but found nothing, so she stuck with her volunteer work.
        "How was school?" her mother suddenly asked.
        "It was great! Lora, Kassidy, and I got all A's on our report cards." Mary replied
        "That's great, what about you Tyler? How was work?"
        "Stressful, but I did earn a lot of tips." Tyler had told their mother.
        "That's good, I'm proud of you both." She smiled at them and they smiled back. Their number one goal was to make their mom proud, and did whatever it took to do so.
        Mary couldn't help but smile, this had been a perfect day, but then again everyday was a perfect day. Her brother noticed her smiling and smiled too, simply because Mary had the most contagious smile. If she smiled everyone smiled, that's just how it worked.