Chapter 3

I thank everyone that has liked this! I will keep updating :)

Shannon finally arrived at work with Lux. Olivia jumped up. "Are you okay Shannon?! Its eight twenty, you are never this late!"Olivia exclaimed. 

"I got an at home patient. Lux meet my secretary Olivia, Olivia this is Lux" Shannon said hanging her bag up. 

Olivia smiled. "Mark called and said that he will bring Dean on time this time" Olivia spoke as she sat back at her desk.

Shannon walked into her office with Lux. She reached in her desk and pulled out her journal. "Lux you can sit at my desk since I usually sit with my patients over there" Shannon said as she grabbed a pencil. 

"Mark and Dean are here Shannon" Olivia said through the intercom. Lux jumped at the sound. 

Shannon smiled. "Thats how Olivia talks to me. Press that button and say something" Shannon said pointing to the button. 

Lux pressed it. "Hello?" she asked. 

"Hello Lux" Olivia said.  

Lux jumped. "That is so cool!" Lux exclaimed. 

Shannon laughed and pressed the button. "Send them in Olivia" She said and sat in her chair. 

"Put in your word if you feel like it ok Lux?" Shannon said. Lux nodded as two men walked in.

Mark kissed Shannon on the cheek. "Hey not in the office!" Shannon said trying not to smile. 

"Oh we know he is gonna do it Shan so just let him" Dean said. 

"Oh you two before we get serious I would like y'all to meet Lux, she is my at home patient" Shannon told them. 

Dean smiled. "So any problems this week?" Shannon asked. 

Mark shook his head. "Monica said he has actually been fine this week" He told her.

Shannon took notes. "Is that correct Dean?" She asked looking at him. 

"My imperfection fear did act up a little when we were helping Zoe move" he said. 

Shannon smiled. "That is ok since I believe everyone goes through that. My grandmother got a second home and drove everyone nuts for a week trying to make it perfect so I agree with Monica" Shannon said.

Mark took out a card. "Also Monica wants to invite you to their wedding."he said handing her the card. 

Shannon smiled. "How does you mom like this idea Dean?" she asked. 

Dean shook his head. "Still thinks I am making a mistake..."he said. 

Mark sighed. "The family don't know Monica like we do and thinks she just wants him for our family money" he explained. Shannon wrote notes.

Lux looked around and saw a picture with Shannon and her family. Everyone was smiling. 'Why didn't me and mama ever take a picture?' she thought. 

Shannon looked at Lux and frowned. "Hey guys, I know we are always serious in here but how about we take a small break and cheer someone up" Shannon said while pointing to Lux. Mark nodded. 

"Well Lux is pregnant but needs a name for the baby" Shannon said.

Lux looked over at them not expecting them to talk to her. Dean thought for a moment. "I always like Carmen for a girl and Erik for a boy" he said. 

Lux smiled. "I love Carmen!" she told them. 

Shannon patted the couch. "Come on over here Lux" she said while smiling.