Casper

I woke up late. I have no idea why 'cause I always ,and by always I mean ALWAYS, wake up early.

As I tried to get out of bed, something pushed the bottom of my foot and it didn't touch the floor.

"Shit" I said for I have unknowingly stepped on one of my sister's' Lego Technic pieces.

I groaned and realized that my bed was surrounded with Legos.

"CASSANDRA O'DONNEL YOU ARE SO DEAD!" I shouted.

"HAHAHAHAHA! GOTCHA CASPER!" She said as she continued laughing her ass off.

I managed to get out of the room safely and go downstairs. I saw Cassie eating lunch already. I was surprised.

"Wow..." I thought to myslef. "You really did wake up late, Casper"

I took a seat and ate too.

"Where's mom?" I said while chewing on bacon. The food was already cold 'cause it was supposed to be my breakfast. Oddly enough, Cassie's lunch was cold too.

"She went to the hospital. You know how Aunt Rose reacts when one of them is late." Cassie says with a deep sigh in the end.

Mom definetly got to work early. Or maybe I just woke up late? She leaves for work after lunch. Why was she so early today?

"Okay. By the way why on earth did yo-" I was cut off because the phone rang.

I stood up and answered it.

"Hello?"

"Good morning, sleepy head. Sorry I had to go out so early. There wash an emergency and I was the only do-"

"It's fine, mom." I wasn't though, my head felt like it was being cut in half.

"Anyway, I just called to check on you guys."

"We're fine, mom"

"Oh by the way, your cousins are going to attend swimming lessons this weekends, wanna go?"

"Sure yeah...that'd be great"

(And yes, We don't know how to swim. And yes, we're teenagers. Got a problem with that?)

Then she mutters something.

"It'll be 30 bucks though, but we can mana-"

"Nevermind... I change mind." I swallowed hard. Like there was a lump down my throat.

"But you need to learn how to swi-"

"Forget it, mom" my heartbeat was rising.

"Listen to me, yo-" her voice was grim.

"I don't need to swim! It's not like I can get out of the house! And please for the love of God stop using that same old crap mom." I broke down to tears.

"You know we don't have that much money. I appreciate you asking me if if I wanna learn how to swim,but we both know we can't afford that. Heck, we're on the verge of losing this house, mom. You said the price, hoping it'll change my and it worked. Congrats mom, it worked."

"We're broke, mom."

"Dad left us."

"We're broke"

She was silent.

I wiped the tears away and slowly put the phone down, ending the call.