Chronicles of A Rebel Queen: E-Layn

In the year 1945, after the Nagasaki and Hiroshima nuclear bombing, the world went into a frenzy and anti-nuclear protests were brought to light and were more publicly known. After the 2012 global nuclear scare by Terrorist, the world decided to eliminate all uses of anything nuclear. At least until the year 2077...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Two hours earlier.

         "I'm telling you that there is a family out there in the middle of a war zone!" Layn shouted as she slammed her hand on the  wooden desk in frustration. She ran her hand through her light pink hair that ran down to her lower back. She re-affixed the purple bow which held it in a pony tail.

       "And how do you exactly know that!" Miko answered back. "We can't just send soldiers out there without any definite lead. Layn, we can't save everyone."

      "So you want me to leave a family out there to be converted into Neo's!"

      "No! I'd never want that. I just want to think beyond this one battle and to focus on the war." 

      "Look," Layn sighed as she sat down in the rickety old chair and calmed herself. "the report confirms that they may  be survivors in the pharmacy. We are running low on Period Pills for the females of the rebellion." 

Period Pills, the newest breakthrough in medicine. It can be used to numb the pain completely and can make the period seem non-existent, even stops the bleeding, depending on if your body accepts them. Layn knew, Miko knew, that running out of them in the middle of the war would be disastrous. 

Miko scratched his head in frustration. He didn't need to send survivors into the open like this, but the cost of Neo-nization and Period Pills seemed to persuade him. 

He looked around the dangy room, if it could be called a room. Basically it was an old abandoned apartment which was whitewashed with mold and dirt. Brown wallpaper was peeling off the walls. It certainly had seen better days.

He looked out the window, or the window shaped hole in the wall, and saw the green eerie sky. He remembered when the sky was blue and didn't seem like the end of the world. 

He looked at Layn and said.

        "Layn, listen to me. Alright, you can take two of the rebels and bring in those pills and that family. But this is only capture and recruit. Do I make myself clear?"

        "Crystal." She replied as she rose from her chair and walked out the room. She walked down the old crumbling stairs towards the main lobby were she looked at the rest of the soldiers. 

        "Alright you guys, listen up. Now two of you are coming with me to find a family of three. Who's with me?" 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Present

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

        "Me and my big mouth." Layn sighed as the barrel of the cold gun was placed against her temple. 

She had made to the pharmacy in one piece, but had managed to get herself caught in a Neo Tokyo survivor raid. It was no surprise that she got caught in a matter of minutes. But there was a problem, no one from the base wanted to go with her so she went by herself.