Kat x Reader | A Stray Cat

With a loud huff you placed the boxes you were holding just mere seconds ago on the ground, wiping away the sweat which had been forming on your forehead. A slight grin was forming on your lips as you looked over your work with pride in your eyes, happy that you would have time for yourself for now, having finished your work. Just as you were about to turn around and leave the back of your house, where your father usually was working, a black creature caught your attention. You squinted, trying to focus on the crow flying by, recognizing it after a few heartbeats. If this was the creature you were thinking about there was a high possibility that it's owner was nearby – and you clearly wouldn't like that.

You felt your heartbeat quicken as you turned around some corners to reach your house again in a brisk walk, only to be confronted with the recognizable brilliant eyes of your big brother – Syd.

Well, you at least considered him your big brother since he was living with you and cared for you. It was not long ago that he suddenly appeared around this part of the city, but when he did he clearly needed some help and since other people only walked by you took that task, even though you were already sharing your house – with your absent parents. They were both in another missing part of Hexeville, leaving you on your own with only the house and now a total stranger you learned to take quite the liking in.

He was like the brother everyone would love to have, accepting your opinion, not getting too angry if you would complain about something and on top of that he always took time for you if needed.

But recently, you noticed, his behaviour changed a bit, about the time where the new shifter appeared, Kat you heard him say several times by now. Well, she was a hot topic besides Raven, but also a big mystery to everyone. Even you were a bit curious where all of the manipulators of gravity were coming from – and if more were on their way.

Back to the recent happenings you took a brief glance over Syds shoulder, only to be met with piercing red eyes and dirty blonde hair. The appearance of this person clearly caught attention, even her clothing was... well, let's just say overall interesting.

A small smile formed on your lips, waving slightly before turning to your brother-in-law again, who, holding the unknown woman tightly at her wrist, was giving you a puzzled look. That reminded you why you were actually in such a hurry.

Nudging the tall male you shoved him – and the blonde girl – into the building you considered your house, a little black cat following tight, which you didn't notice at first.

"I say Ravens crow after I finished putting some packages down, so I figured she would be nearby, sorry!", you quickly explained, earning a nod from Syd, followed by a slight smirk.

"That is exactly why I brought her here – [Y/N], this is Kat, the new shifter I've been telling you about!"

His words were followed by silence, your gaze wandered from Syd to Kat and from her to the – what it was probably supposed to be – cat, which looked back at you and let out a mewl. Slightly jumping at the unexpected noise you let out a quiet chuckle, rubbing the back of your head with your left hand, flashing a nervous smile.

So here she was, the new shifter. In your house. Making you feel more uncomfortable than ever. You respected the gravity manipulating girl but at the same time she scared you, by seeing Raven in action right in front of you, you quickly learned to fear the power held in the shifter.

And not only that, Kat brought a strong aura with her also, nearly knocking you off just by walking by, which made your head burn in embarrassment.

"Uh, h-hi?" Unsure how to approach the shifter you begin to stutter, mentally slapping yourself. Clearing your throat before speaking again you tried keeping eye contact with the second shifter of Hexeville. "As you already know, my name's [Y/N], it's nice to meet you in person!"