The secret twin.

It was raining on the third of August, but in Hogsmade village, that wasn't uncommon.

But this particular rainy day was going to become history, and little did Rita Skeeter know that as she walked into Hogs Head Inn, for all she knew she was just going to see a client who wanted to get a book written about them. Which happened all the time, people thinking they're important enough to be written about. Psh.

She sat down in the corner, waiting for her client to get there. They hadn't  given her a name, which was odd, normally  The only description that was given to her was that they would be wearing a black coat.

"What would you like, miss?" An old man came to her table, holding empty glasses.
"Oh none for me thank you, I'm waiting for a client to arrive."
"Perhaps a drink for them?"

"No thank you." A voice said, a man with a black trench coat stood in front of her, she couldn't see his face because his collar was up and he was wearing am odd hat, definitely not a wizards hat.
"Ah! I've been waiting, sit! Sit!" She gestured to the table, he sat down.

"You don't know how long I've been waiting for this moment." He said.
"I'm flattered." She said unaffected as she pulled out her quick quotes quill, flattery was common when people wanted to get a book published. "You won't tell if I use this right? The paper has banned these since the war ended, wouldn't understand why."

"I'd prefer if you wouldn't." He responded.
"Understandable." She had to agree with the client, the more comfortable they are with you the more you'll get them to open up about the topic, which gives more detail.

"So, what would you like me to write about, Mr.... ?"
"Potter."
"Oah! Potter? As in Harry Potter? Are you a relative?"
"Yes, I am."
"How are you related? You know you can remove the coat and hat, Mr. Potter."

"Alright...." As soon as he took off the coat, she instantly knew who he was, "Harry! Why isn't this a lovely surprise. Coming back to see me I assume for the ways you've treated me in the past, well I think I can find it in my heart to forgive you-."
"Listen lady," He interrupted,"If I am going to tell you this you must know this, I am not Harry Potter."

Rita looked at him confused.
"What do you mean? Of course you're-,"
"No I am not, you must listen to me, I am James Sirius Potter, I am Harry's twin."
"Wha-? I don't understand, Harry does not have a twin!"

"Yes he does actually. Lilly and James kept me a secret from the world. They tried to keep both of us a secret, but the word had already gotten out. They went into hiding with Harry and I and the night when Voldemort showed up, I was in the other room sleeping. After he killed my parents and cursed Harry, he left. Hagrid found me first, he hasn't known there were two children, but took both."

"He took both? Even when knowing the dark lord had been there? Did he think it could've been a trap?" Rita Skeeter said, jotting notes down furiously. She was getting the most important gossip worthy news since Harry had defeated the dark lord himself.

"I don't think it crossed his mind no." James said, looking at his hands, concentrating to remember. "At least he never mentioned it, he's told me this story so many times growing up."

"Growing up? So you stayed in touch? Who took care of you?"

"I was getting to that, so Harry went to the Dursleys, I went to live at Hogwarts."

"What? How? With all the other students?"

"Well Hagrid and professor McGonagall helped raised me. Hagrid helped changr my diapers and took care of me, i always helped feed the animals he took care off, and Professor taught me how to do everything from basic wand tricks to how to speak until Harry came to school, that changed everything."

Rita looked up,"This is all very good Mr.-er-Potter, but this is the real question I'm wondering is, why did James and Lily really have to keep you a secret? What made them send you off instead of Harry? Why are you so important?" She looked at him, there was a hunger in her eye, a hunger for answers.

"Because Rita," he had that same look, but the look wasn't for getting the answers, it was for giving them, "Harry isn't the chosen one, I am."

-----
Sooooo how'd you like it? I hope you did. The story's going to be through James's perspective unless I say so, the first chapter was the narrator. James's going to tell his story to Rita so she can publish it and basically ruin Harry's life :). Don't forget to vote! Leave a comment if you have a question. -Rachel