Chapter 8

It was late afternoon. There was no doubt in the little girls mind that her father was home and wondering where she was. It didn't bother her however. She was going to meet the Guardian and finally get some answers. They walked into the forest. The little girl started to complain as the foliage got heavier. The sun was sinking into the horizon by they time the fox told them they were there. Nothing seemed different. All just bland forest.

After a few minutes, when the little girl was ready to leave, deer jumped out and over them. The little girl knew this was a sign of the Guardian. A calming wind set forth, washing over the duo. A small tornado touched down. Leaves swirled in. The wind stopped, and it was still. A large green wolf appeared. Royal blue eyes, branch necklace, and angel wings. It was her, the Guardian. A chill ran down Naomi's spine. She had never been close to the creature. The wolf towered over her. My child. It spoke in her mind. The little girl glanced at her fox friend. She was bowing. The girl copied. Stand up. Do not worry, the fox will not hear us. Just think what you want to say.

Why can I talk to animals, your majesty?

There is no need for such formal talk. I have accepted you as a child of the forest, my dear. You are special.

Because I can talk to animals?

That is one reason. the guardian spoke with amusement.

So, will you please answer my question. About talking to animals.

I am afraid I cannot at this time.

What?!

I cannot tell you.

I walked all the way here, I have been tormented for six years of my life. I look to the holly, all knowing wolf lady for answers, and you tell me no?!

You are getting very upset, please calm down.

No. My friends are endanger. Your forest is in danger. If I can stop it, I will, but tell me, why am I special. Why I can talk to animals.

I will visit you later, that is when I will tell you.

And when might that be?

I am not sure.

I will not accept that answer. You will tell me now.

I tried to be kind to you, but if you do not calm down, I will have to punish you.

I hate you. You're stupid. You probably don't even know why I have this ability. If your forest rots, I won't care.

If my forest rots, your friends will die. I can assure you my dear, it won't be good for either of us. You are a child of the forest too. The death of the forest will effect you dearly. Please be careful what you say. Goodbye my child. We are done here. Be prepared for my visit.

The Guardian left. The little girl was angry. She stared at the large oak tree. It was immense. The largest free by far. The little girl stormed into the forest. The fox ran after her, "Did she tell you?"

"No, she said she was going to visit me later. She didn't tell me squat."

"That's a shame."

The girl huffed and walked on, not knowing where she was going, but not caring either. Roxy noticed something different about the girl, it was a big thing, so she was going to have to bring it up with Lily first. Cath why would you this to her? Roxy thought.

(This is a really short chapter, and I understand that, but it's here. The chapters until chapter 12 will be shorter. I hope you enjoyed.)