Chapter 16: Friends

Bridgette: I was sitting farther back today. I could still see the boys just fine but I wasn’t really there for them. I was looking for the girl.

The stage was in a round shape. So each of the boys were in a different area of the stage. Sure they changed all the time but I noticed Zayn frequented facing my direction. I looked around my area. FInally I turned around. Jess was standing a some kind of desk. I saw a set of headphones on her ears. I realized she was DJing the show.

Gotcha

I thought.I waited until intermission. She smiled. and messed around with a few of the things on her booth. I stayed seated and took a picture quick picture. I arranged my hair like any other teenage girl at a concert would do before taking a picture of herself. After my hair was of perfection I arranged my screen so my face was on the side of the screen while Jess was in the middle of the screen. The picture was weak seeing as how Jess was about 30 feet away from me but it still did me justice. I put the phone into my lap and cropped the picture so my face was no longer the pinpoint of my picture. I hit share. I quickly tapped Email. A message popped up on my screen claiming I had no service. Dang it. I would have to wait until I wasn’t with Jess tomorrow. I could work with that.

*******************************

Jess:The show went perfectly. As usual there wasn’t a single flaw on my part. Perfecto. After every show I usually helped pack up my booth. I started unplugging my headphones and winding up a few of the little cords. “What are you doing Jess?” the manager said.

“Helping,” I said, “Like always.”

“Well, a little birdie told me you're going clubbing with some friends as soon as the concerts over,” he said.

“I am. But I don’t want to just leave you to do this,” I said.

“Go. You’re going out with friends for once. Besides I don’t see Zayn helping pick up his mic stand,” he said. I smiled and nodded.

“Thanks,” I said. He nodded and I ran out of the arena.

Once I was outside I looked around. I felt a tap on my shoulder. “Hey,” Cara said once I was turned around.

“Hey!” I nearly screeched. We hugged. I noticed another person with her. Bridgette.

“Oh my gosh!” I said, hugging her.

“I’m so glad it all lined up with us being in town at the same time,” Bridgette said. She smiled.

“What are you doing here?” I asked, trying not to show how nervous I was hanging around her. This chick could dig every last secret out of me if I wasn’t careful.

“I’m following One Direction for  HotSpot. I’m trying to dig up the best story possible,” she said, smiling. I swallowed.

“Sounds fun,” I said, trying not to get too nervous.

“It is. I think I’m about to dig up this story on Zayn. You know that girl who keeps showing up in all those pictures. Well check out this picture. He’s giving her something from Tiffanies. Or at least that what it looks like. Doesn’t she look crazy like her,” Bridgette showed me the picture of me and Zayn. He was handing me the bright blue box in New York.

“Wow. She almost looks like you. I mean in a way. She might be a bit more tan and her hair is a lot straighter but otherwise you could be twins!” Cara said.

“I don’t see it,” I said. Although today I was thankful for red lipstick and a curling iron.

“I do,” Cara said.