Chapter 1

🌺Eleanor's P.O.V🌺

"Sunscreen?"
"Check."
"Sunglasses?"
"Check."
"Food?"
"Check."
"And the most important of all, my crop tops?"
"Not that I think it's the most important but check."
All set for a day at the beach. Wait I forgot to introduce myself, how rude of me. My name is Eleanor Waters. I'm 17 turning 18 and I go to Nedford High School.

My best friend Jessica Zuma and I are getting ready to go to the beach and just chill. Jessica and I met when we were 15 years old. To be honest, we had never noticed each other until we were put in the same class and tutor group. We've become really close and like all friendships,we've had our ups and downs but nothing could ever separate us. Jessica's from a country called South Africa, she moved here with her parents- Siya and Khanyi-and two older brothers- Anga and John-when she was 12, due to her moms work.

"Elen, Jess. Are you ready to go yet?" shouts my mom from downstairs.
"Yes ma, but you won't have to drive us there anymore." I answered, hoping she won't ask me why, but alas that idea went down the drain as soon as I thought of it.
"Why not my angel? How are you gonna get there? Will you and Jess be safe?" As usual my mom makes a fuss out of nothing. I guess you can't blame her, having to raise two children on her own has taken quite a toll on her. In case your wondering, my dad left us for his mistress when my twin brother, Cameron, and I were just 5 years old so I don't know much about him. Cameron and I do visit him and Alison, his wife, every second weekend but just because he spends time with us, it doesn't mean that he actually cares about us, he's probably just doing it to please my mother. I know it sounds weird but I think that deep down inside his heart, he still loves her.

"Ma, I know that you worry a lot about Jess and I,but we're 17 and we promise we'll be safe." I do my best to assure her as we made our way to the kitchen.
"Yea Mrs W. And if it makes you feel better, Nor and I are gonna walk to the nearby cafe and Jay is gonna pick us up from there and we promise that if something bad happens, you'll be the first person we call." Jess promised my mom that she finally agreed and let us go.
~+~+~+~~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~
"I can't believe that you just got us kicked out!" Jess exclaims as Jay and I double over in laughter.
Confused? Well let me start from the beginning. Jess and I were at the cafe waiting for Jay our other friend, when all of a sudden someone poured a cup of ice coffee on my head.
"WHAT THE HECK !!" I exclaimed, this was one of my favorite crop tops. Don't get me wrong, I love my hair but I love my crops even more.
"C'mon Nor. It was innocent joke, you know you can never be too mad at me." Said a familiar voice, I would know that voice anywhere.
"Jay Johnson Thomas! Come here and give me a hug you big imbecile." Now you might be thinking 'is she bipolar or something?' and no, I'm not bipolar, I'm just putting my plan in action.
As I was hugging Jay, I gestured to the couple behind him to pass me their hot chocolate, which they gladly did. As Jay was too busy enjoying my hug, he didn't notice that I was going to pour hot chocolate all over his head.(cue evil laugh)
Splat
"Eleanor Tamia Macy Waters! You ruined my hair" he complained before bursting out into laughter which causes me to follow after, "Omg, that was truly hilarious though. Well done I've taught you well." He continues.
"Um guys, as much as this is funny and all but I don't think that the manager thinks so." Informs Jess as she pulls us out of our laughing episode. The manager walks up to us in a rage, and he just so happens to be Mr. Cary, our much hated history teachers husband, how fantastic.(note the sarcasm)
"Ah, what have we here?" He says. Now seeing that that I absolutely love torturing Mr and Mrs Cary, I decide to play dumb.
"Well Mr C, I don't really know. What do we have here?"
"That was a rhetorical question Miss Waters. Honestly you would've thought that you school children would know that." He replies as if it were the solution to global warming.
"Really? Well I didn't know that. I honestly thought that it was a genuine question, you adults should be more specific." Says Jay, obviously catching on to what I was doing.
"Yea, you really need to be more spe-"
"That's it!" Mr Cary shouts, cutting me of, "Out! Get out of my cafe right this instant!"

And that ladies and gentlemen, is how we got kicked out of the cafe.
"But c'mon Jess. You have to be honest, it was pretty funny."
"What and ever Jay." She said like a typical high school girl, before bursting out into laughter " Ok, ok. That was quite something, you guys just love pissing Mr and Mrs Cary off don't you?"
"Don't act as if you don't like it." I reply as we walk towards Jays' truck.
"To the truck, my noble steed!" Shouts Jess as she jumps on Jays back.
I know, I know. My friends are weird, but I wouldn't have it any other way.
~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+
So... how was the first chapter? I know it was short but I promise that I'll try make the other chapters a bit longer. I know it's not perfect but just be patient with me.
Anyway, hope that you liked this. Again if you didn't then just send me a message telling me how to make it better.💕
Byee❤️
Mxx