Hidden Memories in the Box

Hey hey hey!! So, this story is the one that I'm most worried about. Because I have to submit this once I'm back to school and this was done over the days. My friend said that we had a limit for it but my teacher didn't tell me the first time so meh. Anyways, this is way longer than the last story so please enjoy it. I will accept any criticising there is but no bad comments.

Bai bai~

--------

It was another winter afternoon in New York City and classes were just let out awhile ago. Snow trickled down from the sky as the wind blew on everything there was on the ground. A crunching sound is made with each step I took. I was on my way to the usual coffee shop-which was down the road from the school campus-to order my usual dark chocolate mocha. Opening the foggy glass window, a bell chimed every time a costumer comes in, and the aroma of the varieties of coffee hit me. Shaking off the layered snow that collected on my clothes, I stepped in line by the counter. After paying for my preferred drink, I hauled my belongings to the corner table with a window view. Throwing myself on the chair, I let myself stare out the window and think. Reminiscing of all the times I have stared out to watch either the rain or snow, it always ends up to thinking about a gap in my memory.
"Excuse me, miss? Here's your drink," I was pulled out from my thoughts as the waiter places my drink down.
"Oh, thank you!" I flashed him a smile before turning back to the window.

My family had moved around five to six years ago and I never knew the reason why. I mean, my relatives and siblings know but they never tell me when I ask. I didn't know whether to be grateful or not but when we moved; my friends had accepted me straight away. Everything went alright and my grades were satisfactory but I would get little flashbacks of a boy I don't know. My childhood up to grade seven was all in Perth City in Australia. Sure, there would be parties once in a while here in New York City but in Perth, I remember we'd always go to the beach and have barbecue parties every weekend especially in summer. Every time we would go back to school, my cousins and I would be tanned or sunburnt. Once, my family and I went camping with another family. All I remembered from that weekend was that the boy gave me a box and said a few words.
"...I'll love you forever and always, Leah..."
Those were the only words I remembered from him but I still don't know him, not even today. Business was slow today in the little cafe but soon the little bell chimed once more. It has been a habit of mine to actually watch costumers go in and out of the building. A boy around my age had entered the shop and was looking around while he was panting. Catching my stare, his face brightened and a smile adorned his face. He started walking on my direction but I hoped he was just looking at someone near me. Picking up my cup of mocha, I immediately drank half of the contents. Footsteps kept coming and all of a sudden stopped, peeking upward, I saw the boy stared down at me. (Um, like hello!!! She's sitting down while he's standing up.) He had a sort of shaggy chocolate brown hair with a few blonde and lighter brown highlights. The colour crystal blue of his eyes somewhat contrasted yet complimented at the same time. I noticed that there was a hint of gold in his eyes. We stared at each other before he decided to speak up.
"Leah!! Man, it's been such a long time since we saw each other when was it? Oh right, grade seven!" he kept on talking but I didn't know what he was going on about.

"I-I'm sorry. I-I don't know who you are..." I trailed off as his face saddened.
"But we were so close before..." he muttered something else but it was too low for me to hear.
"Look, I'm really sorry but I literally have no clue who you are," I tried to search my mind to see if he was from one of my classes or someone from a party.
"I guess you won't be able to recognise me because it's been such a long time. I mean puberty did hit me and I've gotten a few highlights. Other than that, I'm still the same!" this random boy tried to hide his disappointment.
"Okay, well um...I have to get going. I need to review my notes. Guess I'll see you around..." I lied my way around and I wasn't proud
"...oh, you're serious. Call me Mike," there was clear sadness in his voice.