Chapter 1

Beep. Beep. Beep.

I woke up to the annoying sound of my alarm clock. Another day as usual. The smell of pancakes and eggs fills in the air and prevents me from sinking further in my deep abyss of sleep.

Though the love and care seeps through the aroma as well, I hate that my brother overworks from taking care for me. I know I'm in the right age to move out and live my own life, but I'm staying because I still want to help my Oppa. I want him to take things easy now. I can cook, I'm taking classes for it. All I want is for him is to be happy, just like how he is making me happy.

I washed up, changed my clothes; a cute baby pink top and denim overalls with a white and black converse sneakers, and went downstairs to help my brother prepare breakfast.

I saw him by the stove, cooking eggs, while wearing his favorite pink apron. I immediately took a couple of plates so that he could place them right away. He was a bit shocked, of course, but he was still subconsciously expecting it.

"I'll take care of this oppa, you can go to the table with the coffee I prepared you." I said with a cheery smile. That smile never fails to convince him.

"When did yo-" He lets me take care of the eggs. Surprisingly.

"You were thinking about something again. It seems like you barely notice my presence." He was silent. Too silent than usual.

"Is there anything wrong oppa?"

He smiled, "No, nothing's wrong." Lies.

I knew it. She left him. That bitch.

"She cheated on you, didn't she?" His smile faded.

"No, it's not tha-"

"Oppa, I knew the first time you introduced me to her that she's been hiding something." My expression softened as I saw droplets of tears fall from his eyes.

"What's wrong with me? Am I a terrible boyfriend? Or is my luck just so crappy?" he asked, while smashing the poor onions with anger. Now I know why he's crying.

*Tasha: I just had to include the onion part even though Namjoon is not here!*

My curiosity reached it's optimum and I had to break it too him.

"Are you crying because of you're cutting onions or is it real tears spent on that worthless bitch?"

Jin looked at me with innocent puppy eyes and slammed the knife down on the cutting board and ran to the sofa.

"SEE!!! EVEN MY OWN SISTER DOESN'T KNOW HOW CARING I CAN BE!"

<past>

"Breakfast is served!" Jin's innocent little voice rang through the air, making his sister immediately jolt up from her peaceful slumber.

"Oppa, good morning!" Nari squeaked and came and sat on the table.

"OPPA! You made my favorite!! Pancakes and Eggs!" Nari's eyes sparkled as she mesmerized the effort and talent her brother spent on making her favorite breakfast combination.

"Not only that, I also have your favorite caramelized onions!" Jin replied while placing another plate next to hers.

"Waaaaaaaaaahhhh..." If it were possible to make her eyes any bigger than it should be, Nari would've done it.

She looked into her brother's pair of soft eyes filled with love and kindness. No one can ever replace those emotions for her.

***