Chapter 5

"Do you miss running, Kyle?" Stunned by my sister's question, I replied kind of rhetorically. "What kind of question is that? Track is-was my life. I don't even remember the last time I ran. My spine injury caused me to not even be able to run on a treadmill. Now I live with my mom and my sister." I said to her, not even looking at her but my feet, which now sat on the floor, my feet which had no purpose but to walk, not run, but walk. Realizing how harsh that sounded I apologized. "Of course I miss it." As I felt her pull me into a hug, I felt her sadness, and a tear drop from her face onto my leg. "Hey, you remember your junior year when you broke the state record for the hundred meter dash?" Kala asked me out of nowhere. "Huh, yeah I remember.. remember my freshman year, when dad, mom, and you came to my first Woodbridge meet, and when I won, you were so happy you ran out of the stands and on to the track and hugged me in front of everybody?" I knew she would remember she was only in like 5 or 6 grade. "Yeah, I remember. You were the best runner in Prince William until you-" she stopped mid sentence when she must have noticed I was about to cry. "ya know" she said just above a whisper. "I try to remember the good memories." I said looking at all my medals and trophies that I haven't even taken the time to count. Just then I realized my mom was in the door way crying, but smiling.

That was chapter five I hope it's not too boring.

Xoxo-cotton