Girl

I saw August on the beach having an argument with Angie. I decided that was something I didn't want to interrupt, so I left to go find Piper, who had been offering to take me out shopping for clothes. I was sure Chiron and Mr. D would let me go now, since I hadn't tried to break out for a week.

"Sure," Piper answered during breakfast when I asked her about going for clothes. "We might as well get things that would be good for your quest to." She added. "I'll talk to Mr. D and Chiron about leaving. What time were you thinking?" She asked.

I glanced over at the clock on the wall. "Uh, now." I answered.

She looked up at the clock as well with a frown. "I don't think shops would be open right now, how about 11?" She looked back over at me.

"10?" I pleaded.

She smiled playfully. Piper was a beautiful native American girl, the daughter of a famous actor and Aphrodite. I considered for a time, that perhaps I should ask her to go along with me on my quest. She was a girl, which was a plus, and perhaps her mother wouldn't try to curse me on my journey. "10:30," Piper said. "Meet me at the hilltop where you tried to run away."

I laughed. "Alright," I agreed. "Sounds like a plan. I'll meet you there."

Running off to my cabin to find something to do with myself until then, I ran smack dab into August. Stumbling, he grabbed my shoulders trying to steady us both. I laughed. "Thanks."

"Don't mention it," he shrugged. "I gotta go..." he muttered, and began walking off.

I grabbed his arm. "Hey wait, we need to talk."

He didn't turn. "I... I can't leave the camp Rory."

I frowned. "Didn't you just leave?"

"Yeah," His shoulders tensed. "But that was different. I can't go on a quest with you." He tugged his arm back. "I'd mess things up, I'm not stable enough for that." And then he walked off.

"We're going to talk about this later!" I shouted after him. He didn't respond. The idea of him not coming along... disappointed me.

I went to my cabin to get high and take a nap.