Hunger Games Peetas POV

Chapter 3

Peeta woke up to a bright light covering the forest, making it look even more beautiful. He trying to stand up but stumbled, scratching his back against the rough bark of the tree. Pain shot right up his back, making his eyes water. He sat against the tree waiting for the pain to fade and then impatiently he stood up. He soon realised after taking a few steps that his legs felt like jelly. He felt horrible, he had a sore head and back, legs that couldn't even walk without tripping and he was undeniably thirsty. The only way he could survive another day would be to find water. He started to walk hoping that if he used his legs then the 'jelly' feeling would go away. It did after ten minutes of walking and then soon he was walking in a straight line not stumbling once. The pain in his back was gone but the pain in his head remained and the desperation for water still killing him slowly. He walked for what must have been hours before he saw them. There was five of them all crowded around the cornucopia, probably getting all the extra supplies. Peeta peered through a bush that was standing at the edge of the forest. A small bush was all that separated Peeta from tributes that would happily kill him with one punch. He stood there mesmerised by these tributes who were now camping around a huge pile of supplies. Peeta, on his knees behind a bush stood up and the next thing he did was shocking and absolutely stupid. He started to walk towards the tributes, shoulders back and head up, showing no sign of fear. The tributes moved there gaze towards him and walked towards Peeta, taking their weapons with them.