Chapter 1

“That’s crazy” I said. Ashley and I had been out shopping on black Friday when two people started to fight. They were fighting over a half priced shoe.

Boys were yelling “cat fight!”

We were about ready to punch the boys in the face. That’s when we both got shoved to the ground by the police trying to get through.

 “Ouch!” Ashley exclaimed.

“These guys are really getting violent these days.” I said.

 We started to walk towards the games when we hear “Stop right there!”

We both freeze and turn around. As we turn around we are thrown to the ground by a cop.

The cop is yelling “Though you could get away with this huh?! Well u thought wrong you two are coming with us!”

 I realize these two cops think we did something when Ashley yells out “I don’t feel good. My head is on fire!”

I look at her and there is a blood everywhere. That’s when I notice the something about me. We both start to go into shock when someone in white comes. That’s when I feel something jabbed into my arm. Then everything went black.

I woke up I felt bandages were over my head. My arm hurt with an IV in it. I also noticed there was the door open with a cop right outside. Ashley is next to me. 

I start going insane screaming “Ashley get up!!! Ashley!”

            The cop looks over and yells for a nurse. The nurse comes over holding me down the cop helping her. I was going crazy trying to get to Ashley and wake her up. Then everything goes black and all I feel is nothing.

The darkness around me lightens and I try to sit up and fail. I have woken up in a white room with one guard by the door.   There is an IV in my right arm and flowers on the stand next to me. I am alone in the room, besides the guard. The sun is up it is a wonderful day outside. I look for my phone around me. I try to sit up once again. This time I manage to sit up and have a look around. My head to swirling and I feel a little nauseous.

I notice I am in a hospital gown and my clothes are on the chair about 5 feet away.  My clothes are in a bag labeled Patient #5973 then it vibrates. My phone is still in my pants pocket. I start try to get up and walk towards the chair I fail and fall to the ground. I start to crawl instead.  I finally make it to the chair and I rip open he bag as quietly as I can.

When I get it open I notice there Is blood all over my jacket and shirt. I find my pants and I quickly grab my phone out of my pocket. I unlock it and notice I have over 100 messages and missed calls. I look at the date I was shocked. I wander back to the bed.

 I lie down and yell at the guard, “Who are you?!”

The guard looks at me and walks in the door. She walks to my side and says sternly, “Lie down and rest. It will be all explained once we get your parents. What is your name?”

 “I want to know what happened now or I won't tell you another word.” I replied

“OK fine on Black Friday you and your friend were at Wal-mart in Buckeye. My partner and I both thought you two were shop lifting form the store. We had thrown you to the ground a little too hard and both your heads were injured. You both went into shock and we had to sedate you. When you had awoken in the hospital you went a little insane. The nurse then had to give you something and we took your friend to the other room. After that we can back and the doctor said you had gone into a coma from the shock. We realized your identity when your friend woke up. I asked you, your name to see if you still had your memory. You obviously do.”

She leaves and I look at my phone again and I bring out my calendar and look at the date again and look at black Friday. I have been in a coma for at least 6 months. I was so stunned I closed my eyes to calm myself and ended up falling asleep.

When i awake i tried to get up. When i finally did i opened the door and looked around. I

Before I could say anything he looked at me  then said chuckling," You look like one of my patients trying to leave the hospital."

As he said that the doctor grabbed my arm and pulled me back into my room. The guards helped him. They ended up dragging me all the way since i was not being cooperative. I gave up and sat in bed till someone came into my room again.

" Can you please hand me my phone?" i asked as the nurse walked in.

She nodded and handed me my phone. I rummaged through it. Deleting all the junk email and reading all my texts. They were all from my friends and family wondering if i was OK. Even some of my teachers emailed me. A woman stepped into the room and ran over and hugged me. I was stunned for a moment until she said who she was.

"The doctor said you can come home. We will be back in a week or two though to get the bandages off." she told me.

 It was April 30, 2012 I was in the hospital ever since my accident on black Friday. I was finally able to go home after waking up from coma. I had missed a lot of school and was going to do all of my missing work and get all of it done. Hopefully I will still pass my sophomore classes.

 “Did I do that!?” the police officer cried as the doctor undid my bandage.

The officer has not stopped saying sorry for what she did 5-6 months ago but I cannot blame her.

I walked into my room that night and got ready for dinner as soon as I got home. I was so relieved that I was finally home. The nest day I went to school because I missed everyone there and I wanted to get back to school as soon as I could. When I got there everyone kept saying hi to me and asking how I felt. I started to feel awkward it felt as the people were watching me all day. I had attack about the size of the school of homework.

About half way through the day an assembly was called in the gym. Everyone went in and we had some fun then they called me up and said what happened and how I coped with it. Everyone apparently had sent me the cards that I had found in my hospital room the day I woke up. I was said to be a fighter that never gave up.

 After school I got home and did as much homework that I could that day and I stayed after school working with my teachers to get what I had missed in the last 5-6 months. I was going to graduate. The next day I ran into Ashley and hugged her till she screamed. I was so happy she was still alive it was not funny. Her family and mine all went out to eat to celebrate how happy we all are Ashley and i r alive. 

That’s when I realized something. All these people ,except Ashley and some of my family members, i had no clue who they were.