Casa Cristo 5000: Leg 1

Diving through cars, I saw Teajo was cornered in the middle of some aggressive headhunters, Racer X called it. So I did what some people think is my 'famous move'. I pushed the gas and rammed into the side of the nearest hunter before leading the hunters to a pillar and hopping over them whereas Teajo moved up beside me.

"You okay?" I asked through the com link.

"Yes, thank you." I rolled my eyes.

"Save it for later." I sped ahead as cars exploded behind us, signaling that X and Speed had done their job.

"From where we're sitting, this team Teajo Togokahn put together look like they mean business!"

"Yeah sure.." I jumped back as two headhunters rammed into each other, meaning to hit me.

>>>>

"Speed? Teajo? X? Anyone there?" I asked through the comm link. No response. Dammit! I growled and turned back bringing up my shirt to cover my mouth and nose. X, Speed, and Teajo soon came into view with the announcers saying,

"Ohhh, that must've hurt- What the-" I rammed into two of the Flying Foxes at the same time before going to Teajo and cutting open the headhunters tires with my cutter blades.

"If we don't hurry up we'll make last." I said through the comm link before speeding off. Hearing X say.

"That's one girl you found, kid." and a "Shut up!" from Speed. I inwardly grinned.

>>>>

"I'm going into town, I'll be back by lunch." Pops said.

"'Kay Pops." Replied Spritle.

"Mm?" Pops groaned before walking away. Spritle made sure he was gone before him and Chim-Chim sped towards the living room, turning on the TV to watch the Casa Cristo 5000 race.

"Game.. on.." Spritle grinned.

"And finally, Team Togokahn is lead to the finish line by Speed Racer!" Spritle froze and whimpered.

"Honey, have you seen my keys- Spritle!" Pops charged towards the living room to find his whimpering son holding his hands out. "You two are in big trouble!"

"Wait, wait!" He pointed to the TV. "Look!"

"I'm not falling for that again, Spritle." Pops hissed.

"It's Speed!" His youngest son yelled.

"Speed skiing!"

Spiritle leaned in, "And who's driving the Mach 5?" Pops slowly looked up, seeing cars flash by along with a white Mach 5.

"Oh, no.."

>>>>

"You really think so?" I knew Rex Racer. He was a great driver and a great friend.

"Yes! The way he drives! T-The way he thinks!" He looked at me across the table. "Only Rex thought that way.." A knock at the door caught our attention. Speed got up to get it.

"I'm sorry to disturb you sir, do you know these people?" I heard and saw Speed look around the door way before visibly cringing.

"Y-Yeah.."

-------------------------------------------

"Is... Is this the kind of son I've raised? Someone who disobeys and lies to me?!" Pops yelled as Speed and I sat on the bed with our heads down.

"I'm sorry Pops.."

"Thats unacceptable, we're leaving. Pack your things." We slowly stood up.

"We can't." Pops whirled around.

"What?"

"You heard us, We can't." We said.

"We are leaving right now! This isn't the time or place to do anything!"

"Why not? If there's one thing I know how to do it's to race. I've gotta do something. We have to do something." He replied, words sharp as a knife.

"God, you sound like Rex, do you want to die like him too?! Would that make you happy?!" Pops shouted.

"It's not my fault that Rex died so don't blame his death on me!" I slipped out of the room unable to bear hearing the rest of their fight. I went to the open window sill and sat down with crossed arms staring into the night.

"Racer X." I greeted.

"Eliana," he replied leaning on the wall.

"Pops and Speed had a fight about Rex," I saw Racer X cringe. "Before that me and Speed were taking about him, how you two seemed so alike.. almost as if you were the same person." He moved to the large window sill next to me.

"He was a fighter-"

"Stop denying it" I growled surprising X. "I know your Rex. Speed told me what he thought about Rex, you, He adored you but when you left he started driving so he could finally beat you're old laps record,"

"He always knew you were alive, so stop torturing him and your family." I said sharply.

He was quiet for a couple minutes.

"You should be a detective one day." That was all he said before walking away. That's the 'yes' I get.

(EDITED)